There are newer employer reviews for Ryder System

Maybe it's just the account....

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Avenel, NJ
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Avenel, NJ

I have been working at Ryder System

Pros

Never a dull moment. Always something new and changing going on. A paycheck once every two weeks, and don't have to see the bosses much.

Cons

Not seeing the bosses much is a good thing because there isn't much respect for the individual employee, and they will screw with you and your hard work and your pay. Maybe it's just this account but really, be wary.

Advice to Management

Respect your people. Make sure that you're taking care of them the way they take care of you. If they're doing a certain job, pay them for it.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Job Security, but little else

Current Employee - Senior Logistics Manager in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Logistics Manager in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Ryder System

Pros

Strong company, good plan for future growth. In acquisition mode, buying companies to fill holes in the companie's portfolio. Company pays for training and has many opportunities to grow in the company.

Cons

Forget raises or increases, get your money when you walk in the door. There is no motto that Ryder's people are their best asset. I expect a great deal of turnover as the market improves.

Advice to Management

Take care of your people! The economy is picking up, and if you don't take care of folks, you will lose them!!

Worst place I've ever worked

Former Employee - Inventory Control Manager in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Inventory Control Manager in Miami, FL

I worked at Ryder System

Pros

Company name will look good on your resume

Cons

Lack of leadership, lack of processes. Low salary, no work/life balance. Bad benefits.

Advice to Management

The Ryder program that supports HP LATAM in Doral is run by incompetent people. This should be run by US personnel that are familiar with our customs as well as our labor and business laws instead of LATAM managers and directors who don't know anything about our culture and the way we do business here.