There are newer employer reviews for Ryder System

frustrating

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I worked at Ryder System

Pros

very good technical IT environment

Cons

corporate politics trump technology decisions

develop more technical competence among IT project managers and application development managers

reviews filtered by

Ryder System was a great place to work when I was there.

Former Employee - Manager, Internal Communication Projects in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Manager, Internal Communication Projects in Miami, FL

I worked at Ryder System

Pros

I had a great manager/mentor at Ryder System. I was given incredible opportunities that has served as the foundation of a successful career.

Cons

When I was at Ryder there was initiallly stability, but then lots of turnover in my area. After my first manager left the organization I had three different managers in three years. But that was a long time ago... I wouldn't read too much into my comment as it pertains to today's organization.

Nope... been gone way to long to offer anything by the most general advice. And that would be to focus on communications and employee engagement as an avenue for success.

2. A job that was described completely different than what actually takes place.

Former Employee - Rental Management Trainee in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Rental Management Trainee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Ryder System

Pros

Some of the employees are a joy to work with an the overall job is not that difficult, although their system is interesting.

Cons

Their HR department is horrible. They are not on the same page. I was misinformed on a number of different topics and they do not care at all. Overall a very disappointing experience.

Better communication is needed in order for employees to be on the same page. The number of times that employees were not on the same page is far too great a number.

There are newer employer reviews for Ryder System