I was an intern

Former Intern - Intern in Nashville, TN
Former Intern - Intern in Nashville, TN

I worked at Ryder System as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

friendly staff and good work environment

Cons

huge company. kinda get lost in the shuffle

Advice to Management

keep doing what you are doing

reviews filtered by

Culture of abuse and neglect

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

I have been working at Ryder System (More than 5 years)

Pros

Almost everyone I have spoken to at corporate hq has been competent as well as friendly. The individuals I have spoken to at corporate hq appear to understand that a happy and healthy work environment is a productive environment. And that the first step towards achieving that goal is accomplished through quality hiring.

Cons

There has been a culture of both neglect and intimidation at the Lansing location for as long as I have been with the company, even the slightest hint of dissent is often met with obstinance or even hostility. Communication with the corporate office seems to be ineffectual do to the way in which information is routed and prioritized. There is little leeway for creative problem solving as most solutions are dictated top down with little to no nuance that would suggest an intimate understanding of total effect. There seems to be a complete lack of understanding among most the on site management staff as to how to empower people in a way that extracts the most productivity from them. The current approach is in no way conducive to long term goals and is bad business.

Advice to Management

Must do a better job of recognizing problems before they grow this large. Periodically evaluate management staffs on a per location basis and in a hands on, non insolated manner, identifying poor managerial approach, competence etc. I believe doing so would result in net gains via retention, eliminating waste improved moral etc.

2. Stay away! Would not recommend to anyone!!!!!

Current Employee - Management Team in McDonough, GA
    Current Employee - Management Team in McDonough, GA

I have been working at Ryder System full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work at the Home Depot account in McDonough, Georgia and it is a nice facility.

Cons

No time for family and work 7 days a week. Ryder treats supervisors poorly to say the least.

Advice to Management

Come up with comp pay or comp days for you management team. Work 6 to 7 days a week 90% of the time with NOTHING extra for all the time we put in. Every member of our management team is having some type of problems at home because we are ALWAYS at WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HATE IT!!!!!!