I was an intern

Former Intern - Intern in Nashville, TN
Former Intern - Intern in Nashville, TN

I worked at Ryder System as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

friendly staff and good work environment

Cons

huge company. kinda get lost in the shuffle

Advice to Management

keep doing what you are doing

Other Employee Reviews for Ryder System

Culture of abuse and neglect

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

I have been working at Ryder System (More than 5 years)

Pros

Almost everyone I have spoken to at corporate hq has been competent as well as friendly. The individuals I have spoken to at corporate hq appear to understand that a happy and healthy work environment is a productive environment. And that the first step towards achieving that goal is accomplished through quality hiring.

Cons

There has been a culture of both neglect and intimidation at the Lansing location for as long as I have been with the company, even the slightest hint of dissent is often met with obstinance or even hostility. Communication with the corporate office seems to be ineffectual do to the way in which information is routed and prioritized. There is little leeway for creative problem solving as most solutions are dictated top down with little to no nuance that would suggest an intimate understanding of total effect. There seems to be a complete lack of understanding among most the on site management staff as to how to empower people in a way that extracts the most productivity from them. The current approach is in no way conducive to long term goals and is bad business.

Advice to Management

Must do a better job of recognizing problems before they grow this large. Periodically evaluate management staffs on a per location basis and in a hands on, non insolated manner, identifying poor managerial approach, competence etc. I believe doing so would result in net gains via retention, eliminating waste improved moral etc.

Read before you work here or you will be sorry

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I worked at Ryder System full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Office Location The Ryder Name They have three nice conference rooms on the top floor

Cons

No leadership ( CYA & Everyone for themselves) Low Pay Health Insurance is the worst (very high deductibles) VP and above are the only people who have an office Open Office with cubicles and it's so quiet! Office furniture except for those three executive conference rooms is horrible...Give it away to Goodwill already The technology is beyond bad

Advice to Management

Read the above