There are newer employer reviews for Ryder System

They promote diversity and inclusion but it is a farce in the field. Female

I worked at Ryder System full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Training is good some of it

Cons

It is like working in the military except there are two sets of rules, one that they publish and one that they do not publish. The unpublished rules are the one's to live by... They say they promote change but, that is not true as there is no vehivle to contribute if your boss is a gate keeper. HR is KNOWN by all the employees as ONLY for the management. Not for the employees. HR goes right to your boss which creates a worse situation or termination. It is a culture of fear.

Advice to Management

I joined for the culture that I was sold: Character, Judgement, Relationships and Results. I was not treated with honesty and I was part of a RIF not because of my skill set but because I was a female and my YOUNGER make boss did not like me. The treatment I was given was horrific at best. A woven set of lies, pushed out and a story was created not based on my results. My boss took credit for everything I did and then RIF ed me. Simply unethical and shameful.

Other Employee Reviews for Ryder System

Material Coordinator Manager

Current Employee - Material Coordinator in Novi, MI
    Current Employee - Material Coordinator in Novi, MI

I have been working at Ryder System full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy hire for recent Grads.

Cons

High pressure, no training process, low pay, high turnover. Many people come to work and key card has been deactivated without warning.

Advice to Management

Cultivate your people. High turnover causes frustration for customers and individuals who work for you.

Horrible place to work, unless you're in with the "in crowd."

Current Employee - Customer Logistics Manager in Lansing, MI
    Current Employee - Customer Logistics Manager in Lansing, MI

I have been working at Ryder System full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good rapport with counterparts and subordinates, however, upper management is more interested in promoting their own agendas as opposed to benefitting the company.

Cons

Upper management cannot be trusted. Complete lack of communication, compulsory unpaid weekend overtime for salaried employees. NO chance for advancement, unless you're a member of the "boys club." Lack of diversity and inclusion, although it is denied naturally. Complete disdain and disrespect for the hourly union workers.

Advice to Management

From the Area Manager level on up, you need to fire and replace every one of these people. They have no regard whatsoever for the Company. This includes your tyrannical HR manager who is not only aware of what's going on, but a participant. They lie, they abuse subordinates, and in the case of some shift managers, they have inappropriate relationships with the hourly employees and fire those who find out about it. When this information is passed along to the HR Manager, he quietly dismisses it and does nothing about it. Someone needs to "police the police" as these people are completely unprofessional.