Ryder System

There are newer employer reviews for Ryder System

High Level Management is the Achilles's hill of the company

Former Employee - Account Manager in Novi, MI
Former Employee - Account Manager in Novi, MI

I worked at Ryder System full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good work environment, loved my coworkers

Cons

High Level management lacked the where with all and know how to grow the company and take it to the next level. Promotions are too hard to come by due the fact that the incumbent employee has already been chosen and you did not have a chance from the beginning

Please change the way business is conducted or give your employees a chance at success by promoting from within. This will be best for both the company and all employees

294 Other Employee Reviews for Ryder System (View Most Recent)

I voluntarily resign because they hire bias supervisors and consistently add to an employee's workload.

Former Employee - Material Handler in Chattanooga, TN
    Former Employee - Material Handler in Chattanooga, TN

I worked at Ryder System full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The best reason to work for Ryder is to have a job in today's tough job market. They do offer a steady paycheck each week. Every now and again lunch is served to the entire staff.

Cons

I did not like how management contradicts statements they make in meetings. Each day management speaks of safety and speed limits on fork trucks, but do not enforce their statements during the shift. Actually, the safest drivers are considered unproductive and usually assigned to other jobs.

Hire supervisors who take pride in performance and fairness. I noticed some of the supervisors to be bias toward select workers and favor others. Some rules don't apply to select people. Too many times, issues that are discussed in meetings and forgotten about shortly after the meetings. If an issue and a solution is brought-up in a meeting, follow through with the same intentions throughout the shifts.

Supply Chain Engineering Intern

I have been working at Ryder System

Pros

Personnel always willing to help. Great pay as an intern as well

Cons

There are no cons in this position

must be self-motivated