Worst place I've ever worked

Former Employee - Inventory Control Manager in Miami, FL
Former Employee - Inventory Control Manager in Miami, FL

I worked at Ryder System

Pros

Company name will look good on your resume

Cons

Lack of leadership, lack of processes. Low salary, no work/life balance. Bad benefits.

Advice to Management

The Ryder program that supports HP LATAM in Doral is run by incompetent people. This should be run by US personnel that are familiar with our customs as well as our labor and business laws instead of LATAM managers and directors who don't know anything about our culture and the way we do business here.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Job Security, but little else

Current Employee - Senior Logistics Manager in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Logistics Manager in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Ryder System

Pros

Strong company, good plan for future growth. In acquisition mode, buying companies to fill holes in the companie's portfolio. Company pays for training and has many opportunities to grow in the company.

Cons

Forget raises or increases, get your money when you walk in the door. There is no motto that Ryder's people are their best asset. I expect a great deal of turnover as the market improves.

Advice to Management

Take care of your people! The economy is picking up, and if you don't take care of folks, you will lose them!!

2. Need better follow through.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

I worked at Ryder System

Pros

The people are easy to get along with. There is supposed to be room for growth and training opportunities. Very little supervision.

Cons

Though the interest was shown, no further training was given. It doesnt matter how hard of a worker you are, you get no more recognition than the guys who do nothing. Never saw the potential for moving up.

Advice to Management

Make more of a notice of who is actually working, and who is not. Get rid of worthless employees that spend the whole day wasting time. Offer the employees that are working hard growth opportunities.