Changing

I have been working at Rylem full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Rylem now has a branch manager, and internal managers for the different teams. There's been a lot more structure. Since I've been here, there's been lots of training offered, many meetings, and a lot of effort geared towards making sure the employees have a good work environment.

Cons

With the added structure comes higher expectations- it's not a place where one can just do the minimum to get by.

reviews filtered by
  1. Extremely friendly, fast turnaround and very helpful.

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Seattle, WA
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Seattle, WA

I worked at Rylem as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

My recruiter was extremely helpful from the first chat we had until the very end. She very quickly found a great position that fits what I was looking for and helped prepare me to succeed through all stages of my contract including the interview.

Cons

The HR department was sometimes slow to get back to me, but otherwise the entire experience was enjoyable.

Rylem Response

Jan 26, 2015Manager

We are very happy you had a good experience and thanks so much for your review! Best of luck to you in the new year and we wish you continued success :)

Love this agency! Would contract with again

Former Contractor - Recruiting Coordinator in Seattle, WA
    Former Contractor - Recruiting Coordinator in Seattle, WA

I worked at Rylem as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Contracted with Rylem for about a year at a large company in Seattle. I only left them because I changed from contract to full-time with that company.
    I got benefits, really fair pay, and my recruiter on the Rylem side was amazing and very up front with me (Mandy, you're amazing!).
    I almost didn't pursue the role because I lived in Tacoma (~an hour south) and the driving commute was just awful. They were able to give me a subsidized ORCA card that saved me at least a couple thousand dollars (I'm not even kidding) in gas, parking, maintenance, etc. I could not find any other agency in Seattle that offered this.
    They also offered happy hours so all the contractors on my campus could get together and touch base and just chill out with one another. I would definitely consider them a high-touch, lots of TLC company.
    I would definitely work with them again! I was sad to leave.

Cons

I've heard rumblings of internal-office drama, but I feel like that happens everywhere, and as a candidate, I was not part of any of this (I heard it from a disgruntled former employee who was let go due to performance. You hear bad reviews more than you hear positive ones!).

Advice to Management

Give people like Mandy (aka rockstar recruiters) so much love! They are what keep people coming back. :)

Rylem Response

Sep 30, 2014Manager

It is always so nice to hear that working with us was a positive and advantageous experience. We wish you all the best and thank you so much for your review! (And we feel very lucky to have Mandy!)