S.C. Johnson
www.scjohnson.com Racine, WI 5000+ Employees

Management sweep is desperately needed

(Current Employee)
Racine, WI

ProsChildcare center and summer camp is top notch

ConsLower and mid IT Management is cult-like and needs some fresh leadership and direction.
There is an inconsistent and empty approach to personal development and growth opportunity within the organization for talented individuals.
Lack of recognition for innovation.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire qualified entry level managers, repurpose the unqualified, and weed out the deadwood in sr. Management. If change is to occur, we need to start with leadership.
Embrace enhanced telecommuting program that encourages employees with long commutes to work remotely more often. SCJ claims to be green but their carbon footprint for employees commuting to and from home to work sites is still large.

Great Place to work if you have a family

Packaging Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at S.C. Johnson full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: flexible work schedule, promotion of work life balance, fitness centers,… Cons: very close knit, your family life and work life blur, Racine/ Milwaukee is not… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Looking to remake itself

Senior Research Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at S.C. Johnson full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: SC Johnson has been a family owned company for 5 generations and the current CEO (great great grandson of the… Cons: Lots of old habits - second-guessing manager's decisions, not relying… Advice to Senior Management: Put people into positions to make decisions with clear data and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on S.C. Johnson.

Worked for S.C. Johnson? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at S.C. Johnson reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for S.C. Johnson CEO H. Fisk Johnson. All reviews posted anonymously by S.C. Johnson employees.