S.Y. Bancorp
www.syb.com Louisville, KY 150 to 499 Employees

Decent job security and reputation, but you have to be willing to put up with some not so pleasant cultural issues.

Vice President (Current Employee)

I have been working at S.Y. Bancorp

ProsThis company is locally owned and conservatively managed. Stock Yards has the reputation in the local community of being well run and having a caring attitude towards its customers. The bank has held up pretty well during tough times for orher banks so job security is a little better that at other banks right now.

ConsThe working environment can sometimes be micromanaged and nitpicky. Success within the bank is based more on how long you have worked here instead of your skill set and job performance.

Advice to Senior ManagementReduce the level of micromanagement. Treat your employees with more respect.

Working there helped me gain knowledge but was overall unsatisfactory because of the rigidity of the HR dept.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at S.Y. Bancorp

Pros: I learned something new every day. The training program is… Cons: The company was always two steps behind technology, so growth seemed futile. But they did it anyway, expand and try to grow… More

Steady employment

Loan Operations (Current Employee)

I have been working at S.Y. Bancorp

Pros: Family enviorment and a local company that is respected in the community.… Cons: Pay is below what other banks were paying More

There are newer reviews on S.Y. Bancorp.

Worked for S.Y. Bancorp? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at S.Y. Bancorp reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for S.Y. Bancorp CEO David P. Heintzman. All reviews posted anonymously by S.Y. Bancorp employees.