It's a dependable job

I have been working at S&D Coffee & Tea full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is plenty of available overtime. The work is not hard or heavy. They will hire older workers as long as they have machine operating experience. Free coffee and tea.

Cons

A little unorganized. Questionable leadership. Promotions based more on who you know than on merit. Starting pay is decent, but after that they nickel and dime you to death.

Advice to Management

Recruit ideas for improvement from your employees. They are the ones closest to the process. They have many great ideas, but no avenue to share them with you.

Other Employee Reviews for S&D Coffee & Tea

1. Intern

Former Employee - Intern in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Intern in Raleigh, NC

I worked at S&D Coffee & Tea (Less than a year)

Pros

family-oriented, fun company,work-life balance

Cons

R&D department needs expansion, more opportunities

So sad!

I have been working at S&D Coffee & Tea full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Probably the most rewarding job from associate and customer support and appreciation.

Cons

Since Mr. Davis passed the work environment has continually gone down hill and getting worse. I have been here for 10+ years and have NEVER has a review nor a raise. I was hired for one position and have since been relegated to many others.

Advice to Management

We understand that today's business model is to do more with less, but should not come at the abuse (emotionally/financially) that have given their all! There is NO reason for not rewarding your employees annually in some manner. The thought that an employee can be considered guilty simply by a phone call from anyone is not trust inducive to a caring organization. The further thought that someone came up with for a "second call" situation is absurd to say the least! Don't know what this is about? Check on it and educate yourself about what is happening in our Company!