S&P Capital IQ

www.spcapitaliq.com
  www.spcapitaliq.com
There are newer employer reviews for S&P Capital IQ

A great opportunity to gain exposure to coding in the .NET environment.

Former Employee - Summer Software Developer Intern
Former Employee - Summer Software Developer Intern

I worked at S&P Capital IQ

Pros

It did not feel corporate. The cubicles were low and we had floor-wide weekly meetings that were very open. Everyone was very welcome and helpful, the attitude everyone had was both stimulating and encouraging.

Cons

If you were looking for a more formal place to work, Capital IQ is not it. The culture is very casual, which I liked, but I know some people may prefer dressing up every day and having stricter routines.

Keep the culture the way it is! The work offered to interns was cool because we felt like we really accomplished a project at the end of the summer.

255 Other Employee Reviews for S&P Capital IQ (View Most Recent)

Good Learning Experience !!

I worked at S&P Capital IQ

Pros

My mentor was a nice person and he gave me good feedback !!

Cons

Monotonous work !! HR team sucks !!

Good job !!

Passion, potential and longterm opportunity gone; standard S&P mentality arrived with departure of old managment.

I worked at S&P Capital IQ

Pros

Capital IQ was a great experience for me. I learnt a lot and had the opportunity to be part of a fast growing organization within a larger enterprise. Capital IQ was and is well respected in the financial community and has good name recognition (although somewhat less known here than in the US where it was founded.)

Cons

Earlier this year, all of the senior managers left upon disagreements with the parent company about future direction. Previous turnover had been almost none in many years. Capital IQ used to be a coherent, complete organization and has been broken apart and included in a larger part of Standard and Poors. The passion for the business has gone and, whilst the new leadership at the Capital IQ level may have its heart in the right place, the same cannot be said for the next level up.

Although some changes to align with overall direction are understandable, do not lose what made Capital IQ able to compete and grow so successfully for a long time against much larger players.

There are newer employer reviews for S&P Capital IQ