SABIC

www.sabic.com

Innovative and inclusive, Sabic allows you to take responsibility for your development.

Trainer (Current Employee)

ProsGood benefits, good compensation, a work environment where you will be heard. If you have the desire to make a contribution, you can find a channel to provide it. Sabic is very supportive and rewarding to positive contributions, and accepting of new ideas. There is upper level support for innovation, creativity, personal growth, and professional development. Sabic wishes to be a world leader in its industry, and as such recognizes that some of that leadership must be nurtured: this is actively and openly talked about, and encouraged. I have seen several colleagues rise from hourly positions to gain some well-deserved responsibility in greater roles.

ConsIt may suffer from being not as well known as larger companies, even though it has grown substantially over the past few years. There is a noticeable division that must be further broken down between the hourly and salaried worker. It appears that there are more doors open to this second tier of employee than there are to the hourly one. Certainly there are educational benefits and and other enrichment courses available to all employees, and the hourly employee may not be taking full advantage of them, but in order to truly capitalize on the contributions of all employees, learning and development opportunities must be more uniformly available. Historically, Sabic has not made many training and development opportunities available to any but salaried employees which leaves those not on salary to look outside of the organization. There are resources within Sabic that could be brought in to tap this potential, and my hope is that this will evolve.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf I could ask one thing, it would be to request more support for the training and development of a pipeline of ordinary workers so that they can rise through the organization and grow into better contributors and even leaders. This is an area where we are looking for ideas and are finding answers from local colleges instead of from within Sabic. The cost of going outside the organization is puzzling to me.

One of the leading polymers companies in the Mideast

I have been working at SABIC

Pros: Competitive salaries . Hard Working mentoring company Cons: NONE that I know of. More

Opinion

I have been working at SABIC full-time

Pros: A strong company with unlimited resources, cash rich and powerful… Cons: Mind set needs to be changed especially the leaders. Advice to Senior Management: Top management has the vision, middle management is the barrier… – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on SABIC.

Worked for SABIC? Contribute to the Community!