Good company to work for

Former Employee - Inventory Specialist  in  Thousand Oaks, CA
Former Employee - Inventory Specialist in Thousand Oaks, CA

I worked at SAGE Publications full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great, friendly and professional environment to work at. The company offers top benefits including medical, dental, vision as well as professional help (therapy), if needed. The company also offers educational and gym reimbursements which I feel is a plus!

Cons

Sometimes managements misses the boat! By that I mean, the supervisors lack the ability to show appreciation on a job well done. Or, they fail to recognize the employees dedication when it's review time. Your HR department really lacks when it comes to returning phone calls.

Be aware of what the roles are between supervisors and employee. Recognize when an employee consistently exceeds your requirements and reward them monetarily. It's nice you offer a free lunch on Fridays but perhaps the employees would rather have a little more pocket money.

Other Reviews for SAGE Publications

Looks Good on the Outside But a Mess on the Inside

I worked at SAGE Publications full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great company that is privately owned and sincerely cares about their employees.

Cons

Poor management with no sense of real leadership and can be spurious. The turn over in this company is so ridiculous. Overall, human resources needs to start over and hire real managers who know how to do their job. E-Books and Amazon.com will hinder the company's growth and their technology is not up to par with competitors.

Instead of being a boss, be a true leader that shows respect.

Poorly managed, no work-life balance, constant re-organization

I have been working at SAGE Publications

Pros

The benefits are amazing. We get a free international trip every 5 years, and our health insurance is the best I've ever seen anywhere. We pay very little out of pocket for the highest level of health care. Great coworkers, family owned business

Cons

No stability, constant layoffs and reorganization, poorly managed, no work life balance, employees are not valued

The management at Sage's subsidiary, Corwin, is out-of-touch with its employees. Department structure and job roles are constantly shifting, work flow is poorly managed. Management is aware that employees are overloaded and burnt out, and we are told to "just hang in there". Everyone works long hours, skips lunch breaks, and still most deadlines are not met because of the unreasonable expectations. When our division doesn't meet goals, the CEO will publicly bash us at company meetings. Morale is low at Corwin. I don't recommend Corwin, but I do recommend Sage. The Sage culture overall is good, and the benefits are awesome.

There are newer employer reviews for SAGE Publications.

Worked for SAGE Publications? Contribute to the Community!