SAIC
3.3 of 5 1,052 reviews
www.saic.com Mc Lean, VA 5000+ Employees

Flexible workplace, salary not so good for younger workers

Java Developer (Current Employee)
Alexandria, VA

ProsVery flexible work place (this is really up to my division - not the company as a whole).
Good benefits.

ConsPoor salaries for newer / younger employees. Times were much better in the years before the company went public, and the raises the older workers got were MUCH higher. Therefore, there is now a de-facto two-tier pay system - one for those there before the company went public, and one for those who began their career afterwards. The older employers make a good 30% premium all other things remaining equal.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart working on removing some of the dead weight in middle management and the large amount of poor performers who've been feeding at the trough since 911 bonanza began ten years ago. Many of these workers do not carry their weight, and are becoming a burden on those that perform.

SAIC (and all the other big miliatary / government contractors) are going to run into trouble as the technical talent moves to smaller / younger companies where they're not required to subsidize the large salaries and expensive health bennies of the older workers.

Underwhelming--Poor management at certain satellite divisions

Washington, DC

I have been working at SAIC

Pros: The benefits--medical, dental, leave--are decent in my division. However, for… Cons: In my division, there is a culture of heavy office politics, which is partly due to a trickle-down effect from the government agency we support.… Advice to Senior Management: Try to be in touch with your employees' needs. Something as simple as upgrading coffee machines,… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

very good and well supported by management

Explosives Safety Engineer (Current Employee)
    Washington, DC

I have been working at SAIC

Pros: Good people supporting each other Cons: SAIC acronym sometimes stands for Saturdays Are Included Corp. Advice to Senior Management: Keep doing what you are doing. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on SAIC.

Worked for SAIC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SAIC reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for SAIC CEO Anthony Moraco. All reviews posted anonymously by SAIC employees.