SAIC
3.3 of 5 1,052 reviews
www.saic.com Mc Lean, VA 5000+ Employees

SAIC Junior Software Engineer Review

Junior Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Orlando, FL

ProsSAIC provides a stable work environment where information is shared freely and adherence to ethical professional standards is fostered. The additional health and retirement benefits match industry standards. There is also a highly visible training program where one can advance ones professional skills and therefore career.

ConsThere are slightly lower than average salaries for software engineers. An employee ownership program whereby each employee could purchase premium company stock at a large discount has been downsized. At times it seems that promotions aren't given where they seem justifiable.

Advice to Senior ManagementSAIC has traditionally been a little below average on salary compensation for software engineers. I'd suggest slightly boosting our salaries to match the industry.

If you are going to work for a Beltway Bandit, you could do worse

Project Manager (Current Employee)
    Arlington, VA

I have been working at SAIC

Pros: Lots of diversity within the company... I've worked on four different contracts doing a lot of different things. I feel like I've had… Cons: Most of the work is for the government.... so you have to be… Advice to Senior Management: I've always worked on a customer site so I don't get a chance to interact very much with people outside of my contract. When I… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

SAIC review

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

I have been working at SAIC

Pros: good benefits - the health benefits are ok when comprared to other companies. flexible hours allow employee to leave to run errands if needed or work… Cons: unfair pay raise, no bonuses, little recognition. There is no opportunity for career… Advice to Senior Management: pay employees more money based upon their performance. treat… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on SAIC.

Worked for SAIC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SAIC reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for SAIC CEO Anthony Moraco. All reviews posted anonymously by SAIC employees.