There are newer employer reviews for SAIC

Great introductory into the brutalness of government contracting.

Former Employee - Intelligence Analyst
Former Employee - Intelligence Analyst

I worked at SAIC

Pros

Willing to relocate people out of the military. Great information flow from top to bottom. Received a pay raise 3 months after employment.

Cons

Over worked / under paid. Misled by program manager. All in all employee satisfaction ranks low.

Advice to Management

Have a good oversight of program managers. When employees are essentially taken advantage of, and you have a 4 month turnover on contractors on a contract; it isn't likely that you are adequately spending government funds for the contract, and something should likely be investigated to figure out why you are having such a high turnover. This shouldn't ever be acceptable.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

If you want to feel like a number...

I have been working at SAIC

Pros

SAIC has a great benefits package and overall compensation in my particular field is above average for my local area.

Cons

As a government contractor positions are contingent upon contract wins. If a contract is lost many of employees on that contract have to find new positions within SAIC on their own. Management & Administrative Support are spread across the country and change constantly, so in many cases employees end up feeling like a number.

Advice to Management

Reach out to employees on an individual basis. Mass e-mails are not a good approach for every situation.

2. Not a bad place to start

Current Employee - Secretary I
    Current Employee - Secretary I

I have been working at SAIC

Pros

SAIC is not a terrible company at all. The problem is that the structure is so rigid, that advancement opportunities are rare. Although the company seems to keep scoring lucrative govt. contracts, salaries remain frozen, and promotions are non-existent.

Cons

Poor advancement opportunity No govt. spending means frozen salaries