SAIC

There are newer employer reviews for SAIC

Good Place to Work

Current Employee - Senior Web Developer in Hampton, VA
Current Employee - Senior Web Developer in Hampton, VA

I have been working at SAIC full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexibility, positions available in many locations, good team environment, ability to obtain clearance, recognizable company, good benefits, flex scheduling for work hours

Cons

Mostly contract work w/ limited growth within same team, contracts can limit salary possibilities, may have to relocate to advance or obtain a better opportunity within the company

Better planning on projects, especially large scale

1209 Other Employee Reviews for SAIC (View Most Recent)

Director of Financial Planning and Analysis

Current Employee - Director of Financial Planning and Analysis in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at SAIC full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I have established a consistent record of success in the financial management area with 28 years of experience. Professional, Dependable, Highly motivated, well-trained and enthusiastic, with extensive background as budget analyst doing Earned Value Management (EVM). Seeking an opportunity to contribute to the success of an organization in areas of EVM, financial management, and business development. Skilled with Windows 95 / 98 / NT, MS Word, Excel, and Power Point. Micro-Frame, Cobra, Open Plan and Project 98.

Cons

I just got promoted into a Program Manager position. Hope this position will use all of my management skills.

I'm very dependability - take personal ownership of all of my job, including demonstrating a high level of commitment. I'm self motivated with the ability to tackle the expected obstacles that arise in day to day business. Positive representation of my company, trustworth and have solid reputations - inside and out of work. Most of all I'm a team player with a positive attitude.

Good place to work. Large division between management and engineers.

Former Contractor - Mechanical Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Former Contractor - Mechanical Engineer in San Diego, CA

I worked at SAIC as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Large company with room for growth for hard workers. Many highly intelligent well-qualified employees. Extremely interesting work.

Cons

Work load can be very sporadic. Not a great deal of communication outside the direct team. Many employees stick to there specific area and do not act as a strong team.

Coordinate groups to work more as a team. Help younger employees plan career paths within the company.

There are newer employer reviews for SAIC