There are newer employer reviews for SAIC

Good company, but losing its edge

Former Employee - Communications
Former Employee - Communications

I worked at SAIC full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

It was a good company with great benefits and opportunities when I started, but things changed after they went public as the case is with most companies.

Cons

They have become too technical and management at my location became narrow minded and less focused. Not as strategic as they need to be about winning new work.
They tend to promote people who are willing to take on more work regardless of whether it is a good fit or if the person has the proper skills and there is little training support once that person is in the new job. It depends on location but I also felt this company, at my location and within senior management did not promote women as much as some other contractors. It often became a good old boys club.

Be more strategic about proposals. Work on relationship mapping and stakeholder management skills.

1107 Other Employee Reviews for SAIC (View Most Recent)

Do not look to be inspired, empowered, or motivated.

I worked at SAIC

Pros

Large corporate support of specific functional areas.

Cons

Difficult to implement change or stand out as individual due to conservative environment and atmosphere.

Encourage employee empowerment

Great job, but a hassle to deal with corporate level management.

Former Employee - Geopspatial Operator
    Former Employee - Geopspatial Operator

I worked at SAIC full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fair pay and benefits. Great schedules.

Cons

Opaque hiring process, superfluous administrative requirements unrelated to positions, a bewildering separation between local management and corporate level management that will leave you feeling as if you are really working for a different company.

There are newer employer reviews for SAIC

Worked for SAIC? Contribute to the Community!