SAIC

www.saic.com
  www.saic.com
There are newer employer reviews for SAIC

Company has a good reputation, never really heard anything negative said about it.

Current Employee - DCGS-A Mentor/Trainer in Alexandria, VA
Current Employee - DCGS-A Mentor/Trainer in Alexandria, VA

I have been working at SAIC as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Like I said above the company does have a good reputation along with good benefits. Since the company is a mid size company there are always lots of jobs that you can move within the company.

Cons

Good or poor management is all relative to the division that you are in. My job doesn't really have very many options for advancement or working outside of a combat zone, so once the contract is done then we will all be forced to look for work. The biggest complaint that I have is that I was burned on my tuition reimbursement. The company approved me for reimbursement since the claim to be fully supportive of getting a higher level education, knowing that I was going to be on a leave of absence. Later claiming that they could not give me the tuition reimbursement because I was on a LOA status. The policy is extremely vague.

1164 Other Employee Reviews for SAIC (View Most Recent)

Interesting work environment and dynamic

Current Employee - Network Design Engineer II in Scott AFB, IL
    Current Employee - Network Design Engineer II in Scott AFB, IL

I have been working at SAIC full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The salary is the only pro.

Cons

Atmosphere is ran like a prison, conform to senior management or get out.

Do not run a government contract like you are still in the military, you will never attract good talent that way.

Challenging, evolving, and fun.

Current Employee - Project Manager in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in McLean, VA

I have been working at SAIC full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I've enjoyed a very dynamic work environment that has helped me grow professionally. There is clearly an ability to grow a career as long as it's in the best interested of making the company more money. This isn't if the forefront of everyday life but it's not to be forgotten. If you find yourself in a position where that isn't true SAIC seems to be very helpful about helping you refocus into an area that's more profitable.

Cons

Long hours working proposals can result in an upset family. It's an inherent problem with the contracting world and I don't think it's avoidable.

We miss employee owned. We miss having a profitable company that we believed is going to be around in 20 years.

There are newer employer reviews for SAIC