SAIC
3.3 of 5 1,052 reviews
www.saic.com Mc Lean, VA 5000+ Employees

Company has a good reputation, never really heard anything negative said about it.

DCGS-A Mentor/Trainer (Current Employee)
Alexandria, VA

ProsLike I said above the company does have a good reputation along with good benefits. Since the company is a mid size company there are always lots of jobs that you can move within the company.

ConsGood or poor management is all relative to the division that you are in. My job doesn't really have very many options for advancement or working outside of a combat zone, so once the contract is done then we will all be forced to look for work. The biggest complaint that I have is that I was burned on my tuition reimbursement. The company approved me for reimbursement since the claim to be fully supportive of getting a higher level education, knowing that I was going to be on a leave of absence. Later claiming that they could not give me the tuition reimbursement because I was on a LOA status. The policy is extremely vague.

Interesting work environment and dynamic

Network Design Engineer II (Current Employee)
    Scott AFB, IL

I have been working at SAIC full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: The salary is the only pro. Cons: Atmosphere is ran like a prison, conform to senior management… Advice to Senior Management: Do not run a government contract like you are still… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Lots of freedom

Software Design Engineer (Current Employee)
    Huntsville, AL

I have been working at SAIC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Management doesn't usually bother me, and just lets me do my job to the best of my abilities. When… Cons: Difficult to move to other locations or explore different opportunities… Advice to Senior Management: If your employees aren't happy where they are, do what you can… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on SAIC.

Worked for SAIC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SAIC reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for SAIC CEO Anthony Moraco. All reviews posted anonymously by SAIC employees.