There are newer employer reviews for SAIC

Not bad but headed in a bad direction because of bad upper management.

Current Employee - Manager  in  Chantilly, VA
Current Employee - Manager in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at SAIC full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Salary, promotions, benefits, good work environment but a lot of military psychos work there.

Cons

Ridiculous overhead rates caused by too many chiefs make winning new work impossible. Collosal blunders like the Greek Olympics ($100 million loss) and CityTime ($500 million loss) caused by poor upper management.

Fire the entire board of directors.

1123 Other Employee Reviews for SAIC (View Most Recent)

Love my job, Love my company

Current Employee - Senior EVM Scheduler  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Senior EVM Scheduler in Washington, DC

I have been working at SAIC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

* Career Advancement Opportunities are vast. SAIC offers free courses, college tuition assistance and career training to help you advance within the company. Most of us have been with the company for 4+ years and have no intention in leaving.
    * Communication - We hear from our senior leadership whether good or bad. We also have great teams working together to exceed customer expectation. Most importantly, management trusts you to do your job and doesn't micro-manage employees.
    * Overall all opinion - Great company to work for. I have only had one bad experience and once reported the company took care of the matter promptly.

Cons

* Most work is contract work and with contract work, sometimes contracts aren't renewed or even cancelled due to government financing. Caveat - the company will try to place you to avoid termination.
    * Project budgets are very lean, usually no money for outside vendor training or speciality office supplies.

* Make outside training budgets part of the corporate budget not the division or program level.
    * Convince customers to encourage telecommuting for trades such as project controls, schedulers and management analysts - we tend to not see the customer enough to warrent physical space in the office thus saving you thousands of dollars annually on leased office space and big bonus... we actually get more done when we telecommute.
    * For inner city workers who commute offer parking assistance (parking passes) or mass transit/commuter reimbursement - we pay alot of money to come to the jobs we love... love us back.

Great in the begining, not so great at the end

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Broomfield, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at SAIC full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good management staff
    Good communication with employees

Cons

Cut benefits towards the end of the contract
    No seperation as the contract end

There are newer employer reviews for SAIC

Worked for SAIC? Contribute to the Community!