SAIC

www.saic.com

Love my job, Love my company

Senior EVM Scheduler (Current Employee) Washington, DC

Pros* Career Advancement Opportunities are vast. SAIC offers free courses, college tuition assistance and career training to help you advance within the company. Most of us have been with the company for 4+ years and have no intention in leaving.
* Communication - We hear from our senior leadership whether good or bad. We also have great teams working together to exceed customer expectation. Most importantly, management trusts you to do your job and doesn't micro-manage employees.
* Overall all opinion - Great company to work for. I have only had one bad experience and once reported the company took care of the matter promptly.

Cons* Most work is contract work and with contract work, sometimes contracts aren't renewed or even cancelled due to government financing. Caveat - the company will try to place you to avoid termination.
* Project budgets are very lean, usually no money for outside vendor training or speciality office supplies.

Advice to Senior Management* Make outside training budgets part of the corporate budget not the division or program level.
* Convince customers to encourage telecommuting for trades such as project controls, schedulers and management analysts - we tend to not see the customer enough to warrent physical space in the office thus saving you thousands of dollars annually on leased office space and big bonus... we actually get more done when we telecommute.
* For inner city workers who commute offer parking assistance (parking passes) or mass transit/commuter reimbursement - we pay alot of money to come to the jobs we love... love us back.

Great in the begining, not so great at the end

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Broomfield, CO

I have been working at SAIC full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Good management staff Good communication with employees Cons: Cut benefits towards the end of the contract No seperation as… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

The Company's so Varied You Can't Broad-Brush It

Software Engineer (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

I worked at SAIC full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: I was able to rotate through a number of interesting positions over the course of a decade. Some really… Cons: Going public was a disaster. The culture changed and a lot of long time employees who thought they'd get rich when the company went… Advice to Senior Management: The capricious exercise of power will lead to the better… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on SAIC.

Worked for SAIC? Contribute to the Community!