There are newer employer reviews for SAIC

Love my job, Love my company

Current Employee - Senior EVM Scheduler  in  Washington, DC
Current Employee - Senior EVM Scheduler in Washington, DC

I have been working at SAIC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

* Career Advancement Opportunities are vast. SAIC offers free courses, college tuition assistance and career training to help you advance within the company. Most of us have been with the company for 4+ years and have no intention in leaving.
* Communication - We hear from our senior leadership whether good or bad. We also have great teams working together to exceed customer expectation. Most importantly, management trusts you to do your job and doesn't micro-manage employees.
* Overall all opinion - Great company to work for. I have only had one bad experience and once reported the company took care of the matter promptly.

Cons

* Most work is contract work and with contract work, sometimes contracts aren't renewed or even cancelled due to government financing. Caveat - the company will try to place you to avoid termination.
* Project budgets are very lean, usually no money for outside vendor training or speciality office supplies.

* Make outside training budgets part of the corporate budget not the division or program level.
* Convince customers to encourage telecommuting for trades such as project controls, schedulers and management analysts - we tend to not see the customer enough to warrent physical space in the office thus saving you thousands of dollars annually on leased office space and big bonus... we actually get more done when we telecommute.
* For inner city workers who commute offer parking assistance (parking passes) or mass transit/commuter reimbursement - we pay alot of money to come to the jobs we love... love us back.

1107 Other Employee Reviews for SAIC (View Most Recent)

Generally great to work for, but demands from contract customers can change that quickly.

Current Employee - Systems Administrator  in  Broomfield, CO
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at SAIC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good benefits, salary, flexible schedules, and lots of promoting from within.

Cons

Sometimes unreasonable demands from contract customers, and occasionally those demands leave low-level employees in the cross-hairs, rather than a line of management absorbing the blast. Recent changes to separation packages and retention pay during the end of a contract have resulted in employees leaving sooner instead of staying to the end.

Give your employees a reason to stay to the end of a contract.

System Admin Intern

Former Employee - Systems Administrator Intern  in  Virginia Beach, VA
    Former Employee - Systems Administrator Intern in Virginia Beach, VA

I worked at SAIC as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Friendly employees and decent pay. Great intern retreat in D.C. Hands on experience and sponsored security clearance. Learned alot about the company and the type of work they do. Unless your placed in D.C or Maryland you wont have alot of other interns in the area.

Cons

A lot of down time. High security.

There are newer employer reviews for SAIC

Worked for SAIC? Contribute to the Community!