SAIC
www.saic.com Mc Lean, VA 5000+ Employees

A good temporary job

Senior Engineer (Former Employee)
New Orleans, LA

I worked at SAIC

ProsVery good access to important jobs
Stable work environment
Access to technical information
Willingness by SAIC to support your customer
Less management hands on at remote sites

ConsUnless you are at San Diego or the Washington DC area, your job is only as good as the contract your are currently on. If it goes away, so do you. SAIC advertises that they have a great many opportunities across the country, but in truth, these do not exist. The company advertises all jobs at all sites, but most are already filled or the site is looking for the cheapest candidate requiring no relocation.

If you are at one of the aforementioned sites, then you can move around in the company, if not don't look at SAIC as a permanent place to work.

The company also advertises itself as "Employee Owned", this is no longer true. They went public several years ago and now treat employees the same as all of the other large public corporations with little regard save profits.

Advice to Senior ManagementRe-do your HR, it is appalling.
Re consider your employees as being your product and elicit their buy-in to the company.
Make an attempt to relocate and reallocate employees in the event of a project downturn or termination.

A pretty solid company.

Senior Scientist (Current Employee)
Reston, VA

I have been working at SAIC

Pros: A lot of opportunity. Washington, DC is a work-rich environment. When one contract ends, there is always another one or two to take… Cons: Somewhat of an old boy network but effort and skill will bring you recognition. I've experienced two different divisions......with one excellent experience (the last… Advice to Senior Management: Groom your future management from the ranks.....not from outside. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

SAIC- An overview

Analyst (Current Employee)
Arlington, VA

I have been working at SAIC

Pros: Currently a part of the Student Loan Repayment which is helping to reduce the burden of old student loan debt, they are helping me pay… Cons: Large companies can sometimes make you feel like a number Advice to Senior Management: pay attention to growing your juniors so you can retain them in the company, sometimes juniors get passed over for big raises and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on SAIC.

Worked for SAIC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SAIC reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for SAIC CEO Anthony Moraco. All reviews posted anonymously by SAIC employees.