SAIC

www.saic.com

Good place to work; and work, and work

Principal Engineer (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsSalary and benefits are good - on par with other large defense contractors. very successful winning new business. Several successful large programs as prime contractor. Large range of technical skill sets represented. Largely reasonable and competent mid to sr level mgmt.

ConsEver since going public a few years ago, company focus on short term earnings. Increasing levels of centralization and cost cutting makes company more efficient on paper, but diminishes staff motivation & sense of self-direction. People are being stretched thinner and expected to do more. In the push to aggressively win new business, execution could get pushed to the breaking point.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't kill the goose that laid the golden egg. Company risks becoming another large, impersonal defense contractor in the push to make Wall Street happy for another week. Or, semi-happy - stock performance hasn't been great.

Each contract for SAIC is different. Some better and some worse.

Systems Administrator (Current Employee) Suitland, MD

I have been working at SAIC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Good salary. Good benefits. Great people to work with. Cons: Work way too many hours. Some contracts provide for training and… Advice to Senior Management: Provide more money and opportunities, independent of the contract, for training your employees. Employees will stay more loyal when they are relevant in the workplace.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

eh

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) McLean, VA

I have been working at SAIC full-time for more than a year

Pros: Easy work Hours are constant except around gov FY end (oct-november) Cons: lack of culture. No team building or outside relationships… Advice to Senior Management: more enriching culture for younger workers No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on SAIC.

Worked for SAIC? Contribute to the Community!