SAIC
3.3 of 5 1,052 reviews
www.saic.com Mc Lean, VA 5000+ Employees

wonderful people and nice perks but very loose and not well structured work environment

Signal Processing Engineer (Former Employee)
Columbia, MD

Prosfree coffee/tea, flexible work schedule, workout room, fun team games, nice and friendly people

Consretirement plans, lack of communication from management, lack of structured work environment, not a real business focus/mission

Advice to Senior ManagementIt was an alright experience at SAIC. While I really enjoyed being around wonderful and nice people and nice perks including a company gym to work out, fun team games and flexible work schedule, I just found that it was not the right type of environment for my professional growth and success.

The work environment was quite loose. The work environment is not quite structured. The management team was quite hands off. There was no real communication and coodination from the management team. The management team needs a big improvement in their leadership and communication skills.

The company as a whole doesn't have one true business focus. It's like they are trying to be everything they can be to please their customers with so many different focuses and different business units. That's the downside.

Who do I work for?

Analyst (Current Employee)
    Huntsville, AL

I have been working at SAIC full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: - I have a job and bring home a paycheck. -… Cons: - Don't know who my manager is - Training/Career development is non-existent -- Don't feel secure about future employment since skills are getting rusty -… Advice to Senior Management: Invest in your people. Make them feel like they are… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great for managers..terrible for lower employees

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Charleston, SC

I worked at SAIC full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Very well comensated with above average pay and bonus each year.… Cons: They could care less about lower level employees. When job market grew bad they could care… Advice to Senior Management: When market improves many will leave company. Just hanging out… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on SAIC.

Worked for SAIC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SAIC reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for SAIC CEO Anthony Moraco. All reviews posted anonymously by SAIC employees.