There are newer employer reviews for SAIC

wonderful people and nice perks but very loose and not well structured work environment

Former Employee - Signal Processing Engineer  in  Columbia, MD
Former Employee - Signal Processing Engineer in Columbia, MD

I worked at SAIC full-time for more than a year

Pros

free coffee/tea, flexible work schedule, workout room, fun team games, nice and friendly people

Cons

retirement plans, lack of communication from management, lack of structured work environment, not a real business focus/mission

It was an alright experience at SAIC. While I really enjoyed being around wonderful and nice people and nice perks including a company gym to work out, fun team games and flexible work schedule, I just found that it was not the right type of environment for my professional growth and success.

The work environment was quite loose. The work environment is not quite structured. The management team was quite hands off. There was no real communication and coodination from the management team. The management team needs a big improvement in their leadership and communication skills.

The company as a whole doesn't have one true business focus. It's like they are trying to be everything they can be to please their customers with so many different focuses and different business units. That's the downside.

1111 Other Employee Reviews for SAIC (View Most Recent)

Who do I work for?

Current Employee - Analyst  in  Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Analyst in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at SAIC full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- I have a job and bring home a paycheck.
    - Fun people to work with

Cons

- Don't know who my manager is
    - Training/Career development is non-existent -- Don't feel secure about future employment since skills are getting rusty
    - Hard to stay motivated when company doesn't have any expectations for performance other than a body filling a slot that they can bill for

Invest in your people. Make them feel like they are part of the company.

Great for managers..terrible for lower employees

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

I worked at SAIC full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Very well comensated with above average pay and bonus each year. They take care of management personnel both mid level and upper

Cons

They could care less about lower level employees. When job market grew bad they could care less as they just hired more worker bees. They cut pay, benefits for lower level employees

When market improves many will leave company. Just hanging out now because economy in the dumps

There are newer employer reviews for SAIC

Worked for SAIC? Contribute to the Community!