SAIC

www.saic.com

SAIC pays well and is extremely ethical with an all work no play presser to perform atmosphere

Former Employee - Project Control
Former Employee - Project Control

Pros

SAIC is very professional and delivers an excellent product. Their pay scale is competitive and if you work hard you can move up. There benefit package is very good. At SAIC you will work with some of the “best in the business”. Your work will always be challenging.

Cons

The work atmosphere is unfriendly, stiff, with a “I don't care about you I just want to get ahead” kind of attitude. The vast majority of days I sat in my office with no human contact at all, it was just me and my laptop. You will never receive the training you need to do your job. After you are hired they just expect you to know what you are doing and start producing. If you should happen to ask a question about how the system works or how to do a report you are looked at as being stupid and told to look it up on the company web sight. If it were not for the help from your pears you would drown. At SAIC you are a number that can easily be replaced. In my 39 years of working I have NEVER seen so many highly talented employees laid off or fired,and now after 10 years with SAIC I am one of them.

SAIC is a company with good pay, good benefits, with integrity towards it's customer which is what keeps your employees coming to work, but the cold, stuffy, unfriendly, nose to the grindstone atmosphere keeps your employees very unhappy. The majority of coworkers I talk to simply tolerate their jobs just to earn a living. The good keeps you coming to work but the bad makes you miserable while you are there. Please learn how to value your employees and appriciate their contributions.