SAIC

www.saic.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for SAIC

SAIC pays well and is extremely ethical with an all work no play presser to perform atmosphere

Former Employee - Project Control
Former Employee - Project Control

I worked at SAIC full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

SAIC is very professional and delivers an excellent product. Their pay scale is competitive and if you work hard you can move up. There benefit package is very good. At SAIC you will work with some of the “best in the business”. Your work will always be challenging.

Cons

The work atmosphere is unfriendly, stiff, with a “I don't care about you I just want to get ahead” kind of attitude. The vast majority of days I sat in my office with no human contact at all, it was just me and my laptop. You will never receive the training you need to do your job. After you are hired they just expect you to know what you are doing and start producing. If you should happen to ask a question about how the system works or how to do a report you are looked at as being stupid and told to look it up on the company web sight. If it were not for the help from your pears you would drown. At SAIC you are a number that can easily be replaced. In my 39 years of working I have NEVER seen so many highly talented employees laid off or fired,and now after 10 years with SAIC I am one of them.

SAIC is a company with good pay, good benefits, with integrity towards it's customer which is what keeps your employees coming to work, but the cold, stuffy, unfriendly, nose to the grindstone atmosphere keeps your employees very unhappy. The majority of coworkers I talk to simply tolerate their jobs just to earn a living. The good keeps you coming to work but the bad makes you miserable while you are there. Please learn how to value your employees and appriciate their contributions.

1210 Other Employee Reviews for SAIC (View Most Recent)

Non-Management Logistics Analyst and IT Tester

I have been working at SAIC full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The company has wonderful benefits especially with longevity.

Cons

No contract = No JOB and NO severance. I worked there for 12 plus years and was let go because of lack of coverage and did not receive any severance!!

Management talks about retaining employees, but it's not practiced. As soon as the contract runs out, so does the job!!

Good pay and interesting work, but bureaucracy gets in the way

I worked at SAIC

Pros

Huge company, lots of different programs to work on. A lot of flexibility for transferring between different programs, and a lot of paths up. Coworkers were (in general) smart and capable.

Cons

As a government contractor, bureaucracy and policy sometimes takes precedence over getting things done. Despite efforts to the contrary, policy tends to be set from the top down. Government customers can be frustrating to work with.

Make an effort to make the regulatory and bureaucratic details of running a large organization and working with the government "invisible" to the technical staff. Expensive technical staff should be worried about making progress on their projects - every minute they spend worrying about paperwork is wasted money. Higher more product managers or some other cheap, nontechnical role to handle this kind of thing.

There are newer employer reviews for SAIC