SAIC
www.saic.com Mc Lean, VA 5000+ Employees

SAIC pays well and is extremely ethical with an all work no play presser to perform atmosphere

Project Control (Former Employee)

I worked at SAIC full-time for more than 10 years

ProsSAIC is very professional and delivers an excellent product. Their pay scale is competitive and if you work hard you can move up. There benefit package is very good. At SAIC you will work with some of the “best in the business”. Your work will always be challenging.

ConsThe work atmosphere is unfriendly, stiff, with a “I don't care about you I just want to get ahead” kind of attitude. The vast majority of days I sat in my office with no human contact at all, it was just me and my laptop. You will never receive the training you need to do your job. After you are hired they just expect you to know what you are doing and start producing. If you should happen to ask a question about how the system works or how to do a report you are looked at as being stupid and told to look it up on the company web sight. If it were not for the help from your pears you would drown. At SAIC you are a number that can easily be replaced. In my 39 years of working I have NEVER seen so many highly talented employees laid off or fired,and now after 10 years with SAIC I am one of them.

Advice to Senior ManagementSAIC is a company with good pay, good benefits, with integrity towards it's customer which is what keeps your employees coming to work, but the cold, stuffy, unfriendly, nose to the grindstone atmosphere keeps your employees very unhappy. The majority of coworkers I talk to simply tolerate their jobs just to earn a living. The good keeps you coming to work but the bad makes you miserable while you are there. Please learn how to value your employees and appriciate their contributions.

Awesome.

I have been working at SAIC

Pros: The people have been amazing to me and my family. The benefits… Cons: I have nothing to say here. Advice to Senior Management: Keep on truckin'. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

One of the better places I have worked

Latent Print Examiner (Former Employee)
Baghdad (Iraq)

I worked at SAIC full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Great company to work for would like to get the… Cons: I was unfortunately laid off due to lack of work… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the great work and try to keep your… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on SAIC.

Worked for SAIC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SAIC reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for SAIC CEO Anthony Moraco. All reviews posted anonymously by SAIC employees.