There are newer employer reviews for SAIC

Smart people and interesting work for engineers.

Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Washington, DC
Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Washington, DC

I worked at SAIC

Pros

In the engineering areas, you will at least be working with smart people. The lower level managers seem to stay on top of what is going on beneath them. People are eager to help each other on challenging projects. Friendly and relaxed environment most of the time.

Cons

It seems that managers are not often recruited from within. This appeared to limit some growth opportunities, but I really wasn't working there for long enough to be certain of this. There seems to be a wide range in ability between employees in the same group. As a result, some of the stronger workers are constantly pulled around to help other employees with their projects.

Advice to Management

Don't let top talent leave.

reviews filtered by
  1. Good choice for those looking for work

I have been working at SAIC

Pros

It is interesting work and I am given a good deal of flexibility in carrying out my responsibilities.

Cons

It is very focused on providing FTE resources rather than services which limits it's ability to leverage people effectively.

Advice to Management

Move to a services model rather than an FTE model.

2. Thanks for the opportunity.

Current Employee - Software Developer in Rosslyn, VA
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Rosslyn, VA

I have been working at SAIC

Pros

I like the fact that I am able to work from home on a regular basis and that there are some programs that help to compensate for the cost of commuting to work. I appreciate the fact that they allowed someone with little experience in the job focus but that showed interest and aptitude for learning new things to have a chance.

Cons

The location that I work in is not in the most accessible of locations. Dealing with certain parts of the government or the people who work there can be challenging at times but I am sure that that is something you would have to deal with at any job.

Advice to Management

Over-reaching in a bad market could be a bad idea.