Great

Current Employee - Project Manager in Tampa, FL
Current Employee - Project Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at SAIC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

salary, potential for upward mobility

Cons

Intense work schedule during high visibility projects. Contracts expire, must stay flexible and aware of your own career path

Advice to Management

retain solid talent, even if it means some overhead expense. Trustworthy employees are invaluable

Other Employee Reviews for SAIC

1. Great company that takes care of its people

Current Employee - Network Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Network Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at SAIC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Company has a strong network of people with technical skills & people that genuinely care about doing right and performing well. - Salary / Benefits are comparable to others in the industry - From my own experience, managers trust the employees to perform their jobs; I have been afforded the opportunity on several occasions to find ways to improve my assignments / tasks to make the customer happy & to make our system work more effectively. - From my personal experience, I get to travel quite frequently - Although contracting is not very secure, I have seen the company take care of its employees even after a contract on which they were working either expired or failed to be renewed. This develops a trust between the employee & the company.

Cons

- Since I started working just over 3 years ago, we have had 3 different CEOs, and are now discussing a company split (although this may actually be a Pro in the long-term); Unsure how to feel about upper management. - Like with any contracting job, job security is not as strong as on the government / private sector - Does not seem like there is much room for upward mobility; from personal experience, if you work harder and outperform, you will be rewarded no more & no less than those that do just enough to get by (this is how I have seen it under my new manager --the old one was a little more fair / aware enough to reward those that went above & beyond). This just makes the employees either lose motivation, or simply start looking elsewhere where their hard work will be more appreciated

Advice to Management

Keep stressing the importance of Ethics --it keeps people aware, accountable, and develops trust between coworkers and the company; Be more open about future of contracts, find more ways to reward those that you know are valuable to the company.

many opportunities

Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Lynnwood, WA
    Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Lynnwood, WA

I have been working at SAIC full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

work with multiple customers, challenging problems to solve and great people to work with

Cons

The copy is different for each division, I have worked in two and they are run totally different from each other. this could be good or bad, but just because one BU or division is bad does not mean the others are.

Advice to Management

McLean and San Diego are not your only locations, if you work out side of these areas, the benefits are lacking and the hope for employment in case of loss of coverage is low.