SAIC
www.saic.com Mc Lean, VA 5000+ Employees

Terrible company, no focus, horrible management...

Program Manager (Current Employee)
Falls Church, VA

I have been working at SAIC full-time for more than 5 years

ProsIf having a job is your standard of a pro than that's the only pro I can assign to SAIC.

ConsLet's see, we spent millions as a company moving everything to a Share Services model (think Help Desk for HR), the stock price has plummeted just within the last year from $18/share down to just $10/share and sinking, we just got sued by NYC for because management wasn't providing enough oversight, the CEO got approval to split the company instead of buying back the stock and making it employee owned again, they just recently announced that they eliminating ALL health care plans and just keeping catastrophic health plans. Their marketing of the new plans as they put it is "giving us more control over our healthcare." when in fact it's just a cost cutting measure.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen there's bad news -- share it. Don't try to sugar coat it and tell us that it's for the good of the company. It's not good for the company when you don't provide health care coverage other than catastrophic health plans. If your intent is to push everyone out -- you've done an excellent job.

Its been pretty good so far.

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Orlando, FL

I have been working at SAIC full-time for more than a year

Pros: Very stable and reputable company. Many IT and Engineering opportunities. Very… Cons: Some positions (like mine) require you to be on call for more… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

SAIC is great to work for.

Senior Systems Analyst (Current Employee)
Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at SAIC full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Very proactive organization, that looks after it's employees. They make available a large… Cons: I have no complaints about this organization. They are a very large organization. so it is alittle hard… Advice to Senior Management: Splitting the company I think was a good move for… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on SAIC.

Worked for SAIC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SAIC reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for SAIC CEO Anthony Moraco. All reviews posted anonymously by SAIC employees.