SAIC

www.saic.com
  www.saic.com
There are newer employer reviews for SAIC

Work experience at SAIC

I worked at SAIC full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

SAIC is an exceptional place to work for, they have great benifits and really care about employees and their welfare. There are ample opportunities for advancement.

Cons

Most of the work is on a contractual basis. For the division I worked for the contracts were mostly on an annual basis so We had to bring these projects into completion by the end of fiscal year. If new contracts weren't obtained then you might be looking for a new job. This was a little frustrating knowing that you could be laid off every year.

Keep getting new contracts.

1163 Other Employee Reviews for SAIC (View Most Recent)

almost 15 years and counting

I have been working at SAIC full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I have been very fortunate to work under some of the best leadership SAIC has. Jobs are plentiful and for those with ambition opportunities will always be present. Great people, good salaries, central locations and flexible schedules.

Cons

Change is certain. Numerous restructures in the almost 15 years I have been here. Employee owned was the best years. Communication is difficult in a company so large and spread across the world. Some of the larger corp functions do not work as efficiently as the should but that effect does not always work its way down far enough to affect the people.

Remember the people that helped this company get where it is. Take a hard look at benefits these are some of what it takes to land and retain top talent and employee moral. Look at the people loosing coverage from government cut backs and use them to fill vacancies whenever possible! Corporate should have more effective tools to assist the line personnel to lighten the load for middle management and allow things to be a little more consistent across the company.

We are one...SAIC

I worked at SAIC full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Tuition reimbursement and fair layoff practices

Cons

Laid off, with a lot more to come

Communication was lacking