There are newer employer reviews for SAIC

Excellent, but scary now due to organizational changes.

I have been working at SAIC full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Variety of compelling programs that support the defense of our country.

Cons

becoming a private company has been an incredible culture shock. Lots of change.

Other Employee Reviews for SAIC

1. I see a lot of people doing no/little work and getting paid big bucks, so do I, but it doesn't feel right...

I have been working at SAIC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- The compensation is good for the work output required. In fact, it's amazing. - They cater lunch all the time. Food is everywhere!! - Office amenities are great and you get whatever resources you need to get the job done. - I get to drink coffee and surf the net all day long.

Cons

- Great access to resources, no place or direction to put them to good use. - I get to drink coffee and surf the net all day long!! - Management lacks communication, vision, initiative. I haven't spoken to my manager in over 2 weeks. - It feels like taking initiative is a bad thing at SAIC. - Team is nearly non-existent. I only know my teammates because I have "bothered" them unitl I knew who they were and what their job function was. - People don't care if you come or go. - Offering assistance is almost a sin in this place.

Advice to Management

- Communicate expectations and be available for questions and assistance. - Talk to your team. Get them to know each other and work together on projects. - At least act like you're happy to have employees aboard. - A little enthusiasm goes a long way.

2. Too large to really care about employees

Pros

Ok benefits Flexibility in schedule Location Ok salary

Cons

Had to go through some HR actions in the past to bring salaries up to industry standards. No severence even after 20 yrs. Large company bureaucracy. Too much dependence on Department of Defense No $ to spend on R&D Divisions and groups unaware of capabilities of other divisions and groups - no communication Too much 'at will' employment to work particular contacts. This leads to uncertainty and lay offs when contracts end. At the mercy of bad management. New senior management bent on replacing longevity with new blood. No value given to corporate knowlege or experience.

Advice to Management

Listen and learn from your employees - especially when they've been around a long time. When you're new at management, sit back and observe and seek to understand before implementing changes to processes that you don't understand in the first place.