There are newer employer reviews for SAIC

Not what I thought it would be

Current Employee - Help Desk Technician in Oak Ridge, TN
Current Employee - Help Desk Technician in Oak Ridge, TN

I have been working at SAIC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

During these tough times...it is a job. You've gotta do what you gotta do and work where you gotta work.

Cons

Your "Lunch Schedule" time or hour changes every day. You take about 50-60 calls every day. You are allowed 2 -- 15 minute breaks, but you have to check in with the Tier 2 before going on break. Oh and only 1 person is allowed to be on break at 1 time...so good luck trying to go to the restroom if you have to ...well you know..... Employee turnover is very high...a lot of people are quitting because they are tired of the nonsense, because they are being screamed and yelled at by team leads. Everyone agrees that we are not paid fairly for the amount of work that we do and for the stuff that we have to put up with. You start out on a 6 month contract making $11.36/hour. You are told that you are going to be brought on full time, but 6 months goes by and then a year has went by and now it has been about 1.5 years and you are still on contract with a temp agency. Luckily or maybe I should say unfortunately when you are brought on / hired on full time by the company then you will get an $0.80 cent raise. So you will be making the big money at $12.16/hour instead of working for nothing at $11.36/hour. Also as a contracted temp, you will NOT receive holiday pay. If you do work a holiday you will not get extra pay for it. It will just make up your regular hours for the week.

Advice to Management

Learn how to manage people...Treat people with RESPECT...Treat people as adults

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great government contractor

Current Employee - Lead Software Engineer in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Lead Software Engineer in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at SAIC full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great company that cares about its employees. Dedicated to providing effective solutions to its clients. Good benefits and work schedule flexibility.

Cons

Project centric, not always room for career mobility between projects. Similarly, often insulated from what other parts of the company are doing.

2. positive experience during employee-owned company

Former Employee - Software Engineer in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in McLean, VA

I worked at SAIC full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits! Flexible working hours. Positions are available in many locations. Career opportunities.

Cons

Since the company went to public. You need to be more proactive if you want to move onto another projects when contract ends.