SAIC

www.saic.com

Not what I thought it would be

Help Desk Technician (Current Employee) Oak Ridge, TN

ProsDuring these tough times...it is a job. You've gotta do what you gotta do and work where you gotta work.

ConsYour "Lunch Schedule" time or hour changes every day.
You take about 50-60 calls every day. You are allowed 2 -- 15 minute breaks, but you have to check in with the Tier 2 before going on break. Oh and only 1 person is allowed to be on break at 1 time...so good luck trying to go to the restroom if you have to ...well you know.....
Employee turnover is very high...a lot of people are quitting because they are tired of the nonsense, because they are being screamed and yelled at by team leads.
Everyone agrees that we are not paid fairly for the amount of work that we do and for the stuff that we have to put up with.
You start out on a 6 month contract making $11.36/hour. You are told that you are going to be brought on full time, but 6 months goes by and then a year has went by and now it has been about 1.5 years and you are still on contract with a temp agency. Luckily or maybe I should say unfortunately when you are brought on / hired on full time by the company then you will get an $0.80 cent raise. So you will be making the big money at $12.16/hour instead of working for nothing at $11.36/hour.
Also as a contracted temp, you will NOT receive holiday pay. If you do work a holiday you will not get extra pay for it. It will just make up your regular hours for the week.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to manage people...Treat people with RESPECT...Treat people as adults

positive experience during employee-owned company

Software Engineer (Former Employee) McLean, VA

I worked at SAIC full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Good benefits! Flexible working hours. Positions are available in many… Cons: Since the company went to public. You need to be more… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Generally a good place to work

Network Engineer (Current Employee) Denver, CO

I have been working at SAIC full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: SAIC was a good place to work because they provided support for their employees… Cons: Cons were not many. It was good place to work with few… Advice to Senior Management: My only advice to management would be to be more forthcoming… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on SAIC.

Worked for SAIC? Contribute to the Community!