There are newer employer reviews for SAIC

Not what I thought it would be

Current Employee - Help Desk Technician in Oak Ridge, TN
Current Employee - Help Desk Technician in Oak Ridge, TN

I have been working at SAIC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

During these tough times...it is a job. You've gotta do what you gotta do and work where you gotta work.

Cons

Your "Lunch Schedule" time or hour changes every day. You take about 50-60 calls every day. You are allowed 2 -- 15 minute breaks, but you have to check in with the Tier 2 before going on break. Oh and only 1 person is allowed to be on break at 1 time...so good luck trying to go to the restroom if you have to ...well you know..... Employee turnover is very high...a lot of people are quitting because they are tired of the nonsense, because they are being screamed and yelled at by team leads. Everyone agrees that we are not paid fairly for the amount of work that we do and for the stuff that we have to put up with. You start out on a 6 month contract making $11.36/hour. You are told that you are going to be brought on full time, but 6 months goes by and then a year has went by and now it has been about 1.5 years and you are still on contract with a temp agency. Luckily or maybe I should say unfortunately when you are brought on / hired on full time by the company then you will get an $0.80 cent raise. So you will be making the big money at $12.16/hour instead of working for nothing at $11.36/hour. Also as a contracted temp, you will NOT receive holiday pay. If you do work a holiday you will not get extra pay for it. It will just make up your regular hours for the week.

Advice to Management

Learn how to manage people...Treat people with RESPECT...Treat people as adults

Other Employee Reviews for SAIC

1. SAIC is a great company to work for they are really looking to grow

Current Employee - GCS Maintenance Technician in Cannon AFB, NM
    Current Employee - GCS Maintenance Technician in Cannon AFB, NM

I have been working at SAIC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company is growing exponentially. They have a large segment of the UAV/RPV Maintenance and Engineering. Website and benefit access is really user friendly. Workplace is very professional and all about getting things done.

Cons

Nothing yet working for this company has been really nice.

2. SAIC Employee

Current Employee - Design/Drafter in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Design/Drafter in San Diego, CA

I have been working at SAIC full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits, Hours, Co-workers, Easy Drive, Communication from management

Cons

There are no cons for my working at SAIC

Advice to Management

Kudos