There are newer employer reviews for SAIC

Not what I thought it would be

Current Employee - Help Desk Technician  in  Oak Ridge, TN
Current Employee - Help Desk Technician in Oak Ridge, TN

I have been working at SAIC full-time for more than a year

Pros

During these tough times...it is a job. You've gotta do what you gotta do and work where you gotta work.

Cons

Your "Lunch Schedule" time or hour changes every day.
You take about 50-60 calls every day. You are allowed 2 -- 15 minute breaks, but you have to check in with the Tier 2 before going on break. Oh and only 1 person is allowed to be on break at 1 time...so good luck trying to go to the restroom if you have to ...well you know.....
Employee turnover is very high...a lot of people are quitting because they are tired of the nonsense, because they are being screamed and yelled at by team leads.
Everyone agrees that we are not paid fairly for the amount of work that we do and for the stuff that we have to put up with.
You start out on a 6 month contract making $11.36/hour. You are told that you are going to be brought on full time, but 6 months goes by and then a year has went by and now it has been about 1.5 years and you are still on contract with a temp agency. Luckily or maybe I should say unfortunately when you are brought on / hired on full time by the company then you will get an $0.80 cent raise. So you will be making the big money at $12.16/hour instead of working for nothing at $11.36/hour.
Also as a contracted temp, you will NOT receive holiday pay. If you do work a holiday you will not get extra pay for it. It will just make up your regular hours for the week.

Learn how to manage people...Treat people with RESPECT...Treat people as adults

1114 Other Employee Reviews for SAIC (View Most Recent)

positive experience during employee-owned company

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in McLean, VA

I worked at SAIC full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good benefits! Flexible working hours. Positions are available in many locations. Career opportunities.

Cons

Since the company went to public. You need to be more proactive if you want to move onto another projects when contract ends.

Heroic efforts to accommodate difficulties

Current Employee - Navy Ranges Subject Matter Expert  in  Norfolk, VA
    Current Employee - Navy Ranges Subject Matter Expert in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at SAIC full-time for less than a year

Pros

Best leadership I have seen in 15 years

Cons

The economy is causing some downsizing

Pay the FSO more, she deserves it with her commitment to the group.

There are newer employer reviews for SAIC

Worked for SAIC? Contribute to the Community!