SAIC

www.saic.com

I Am Interchangabe & Disposible Cog in the Machine

Engineer (Former Employee) Tulsa, OK

ProsThe SEE&I division has a variety of architecture and engineering projects. They work with on federal (DoD & GSA) projects, state government projects, and private sector projects. The projects are commercial, industrial, institutional and multi-unit residential buildings, civil works, and DoD specific projects.

ConsThe quality of a project is not a top concern. Management would rather blame all of the design professionals on a given project for an error rather than address the source of the error. Project managers are more converned about the ease of reporduction rather than following the engineering licensure laws and regulations of the various states. They are seen as "helpful suggestions" which can be ignored when inconvient. Management is unwilling to adress personnel who do not meet the standard of care for their profession and constantly produce documents which have errors and/or are unbildable. Management does not communicate with the professionals producing the designs until there are cost overruns or design errors.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake resposibility for your design contracts. Do nit just keep incompetnet people because you need a warm body to produce work. Value the professionals who do a good job instead of treating them like a inconivent number.

Wealth of knowledge of what to and what not to do for ITSM implementation

IT Service Management Manager (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at SAIC full-time for more than a year

Pros: Consulting Services with extensive background and resources Cons: Original assessment and underbid of project lead to issues with… Advice to Senior Management: Do not cut corners on assessment, Stakeholder input, and lack… More

Not what I thought it would be

Help Desk Technician (Current Employee) Oak Ridge, TN

I have been working at SAIC full-time for more than a year

Pros: During these tough times...it is a job. You've gotta… Cons: Your "Lunch Schedule" time or hour changes every day. You take about 50-60 calls every day. You are allowed 2 -- 15 minute breaks, but… Advice to Senior Management: Learn how to manage people...Treat people with RESPECT...Treat people as… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on SAIC.

Worked for SAIC? Contribute to the Community!