Experiencing the culture that Allowed (Encouraged) the "City Time Fraud" Scandal to Happen!

Current Employee - Senior Software  in  Huntsville, AL
Current Employee - Senior Software in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at SAIC full-time for less than a year

Pros

The only real "Pro" is that you get a paycheck. It's nothing great (about average, as far as compensation goes), but it's better than being unemployed.

Cons

Biggest "Con" is the Con-job that SAIC is perpetrating on their government customers! We are being told not to discuss our work outside our immediate group. During one of our software design meetings, the question was asked, "why don't we just ask the customer how they want this implemented?". The answer... "We can't ask the customer, because they don't know we're doing this".

For this particular project, I figure we are charging the government somewhere between $750,000 and $1,000,000 and we are not even telling them what we are doing. Let me tell you, if you are in a meeting and someone asks "is this project 'officially sanctioned' ", and the first reaction is that somebody quickly jumps up and shuts the conference room door... well, that's not a good sign.

I understand that not all SAIC groups are like ours (which is a software development group located in the main SAIC building on Odyssey Drive), however from my experience I have to say that SAIC is NOT a place you want to work!

I am currently seeking other employment, and as soon as I can get another job, I will be leaving SAIC.

Stop behaving unethically.

Other Reviews for SAIC

I Am Interchangabe & Disposible Cog in the Machine

Former Employee - Engineer  in  Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Engineer in Tulsa, OK

I worked at SAIC full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The SEE&I division has a variety of architecture and engineering projects. They work with on federal (DoD & GSA) projects, state government projects, and private sector projects. The projects are commercial, industrial, institutional and multi-unit residential buildings, civil works, and DoD specific projects.

Cons

The quality of a project is not a top concern. Management would rather blame all of the design professionals on a given project for an error rather than address the source of the error. Project managers are more converned about the ease of reporduction rather than following the engineering licensure laws and regulations of the various states. They are seen as "helpful suggestions" which can be ignored when inconvient. Management is unwilling to adress personnel who do not meet the standard of care for their profession and constantly produce documents which have errors and/or are unbildable. Management does not communicate with the professionals producing the designs until there are cost overruns or design errors.

Take resposibility for your design contracts. Do nit just keep incompetnet people because you need a warm body to produce work. Value the professionals who do a good job instead of treating them like a inconivent number.

Wealth of knowledge of what to and what not to do for ITSM implementation

Current Employee - IT Service Management Manager  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - IT Service Management Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at SAIC full-time for more than a year

Pros

Consulting Services with extensive background and resources

Cons

Original assessment and underbid of project lead to issues with execution

Do not cut corners on assessment, Stakeholder input, and lack of resourcing.

There are newer employer reviews for SAIC.

Worked for SAIC? Contribute to the Community!