SAIC
www.saic.com Mc Lean, VA 5000+ Employees

Experiencing the culture that Allowed (Encouraged) the "City Time Fraud" Scandal to Happen!

Senior Software (Current Employee)
Huntsville, AL

I have been working at SAIC full-time for less than a year

ProsThe only real "Pro" is that you get a paycheck. It's nothing great (about average, as far as compensation goes), but it's better than being unemployed.

ConsBiggest "Con" is the Con-job that SAIC is perpetrating on their government customers! We are being told not to discuss our work outside our immediate group. During one of our software design meetings, the question was asked, "why don't we just ask the customer how they want this implemented?". The answer... "We can't ask the customer, because they don't know we're doing this".

For this particular project, I figure we are charging the government somewhere between $750,000 and $1,000,000 and we are not even telling them what we are doing. Let me tell you, if you are in a meeting and someone asks "is this project 'officially sanctioned' ", and the first reaction is that somebody quickly jumps up and shuts the conference room door... well, that's not a good sign.

I understand that not all SAIC groups are like ours (which is a software development group located in the main SAIC building on Odyssey Drive), however from my experience I have to say that SAIC is NOT a place you want to work!

I am currently seeking other employment, and as soon as I can get another job, I will be leaving SAIC.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop behaving unethically.

Generally a good place to work

Network Engineer (Current Employee)
Denver, CO

I have been working at SAIC full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: SAIC was a good place to work because they provided support for their employees… Cons: Cons were not many. It was good place to work with few… Advice to Senior Management: My only advice to management would be to be more forthcoming… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great government contractor

Lead Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at SAIC full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Great company that cares about its employees. Dedicated to providing… Cons: Project centric, not always room for career mobility between projects. … Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on SAIC.

Worked for SAIC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SAIC reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for SAIC CEO Anthony Moraco. All reviews posted anonymously by SAIC employees.