SAIC

www.saic.com
  www.saic.com
There are newer employer reviews for SAIC

Experiencing the culture that Allowed (Encouraged) the "City Time Fraud" Scandal to Happen!

Current Employee - Senior Software in Huntsville, AL
Current Employee - Senior Software in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at SAIC full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The only real "Pro" is that you get a paycheck. It's nothing great (about average, as far as compensation goes), but it's better than being unemployed.

Cons

Biggest "Con" is the Con-job that SAIC is perpetrating on their government customers! We are being told not to discuss our work outside our immediate group. During one of our software design meetings, the question was asked, "why don't we just ask the customer how they want this implemented?". The answer... "We can't ask the customer, because they don't know we're doing this".

For this particular project, I figure we are charging the government somewhere between $750,000 and $1,000,000 and we are not even telling them what we are doing. Let me tell you, if you are in a meeting and someone asks "is this project 'officially sanctioned' ", and the first reaction is that somebody quickly jumps up and shuts the conference room door... well, that's not a good sign.

I understand that not all SAIC groups are like ours (which is a software development group located in the main SAIC building on Odyssey Drive), however from my experience I have to say that SAIC is NOT a place you want to work!

I am currently seeking other employment, and as soon as I can get another job, I will be leaving SAIC.

Stop behaving unethically.

1159 Other Employee Reviews for SAIC (View Most Recent)

Generally a good place to work

Current Employee - Network Engineer in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Network Engineer in Denver, CO

I have been working at SAIC full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

SAIC was a good place to work because they provided support for their employees and did their best to keep us placed throughout the end of our contract.

Cons

Cons were not many. It was good place to work with few interruptions by management. I have not serious issues with my time there.

My only advice to management would be to be more forthcoming as to the reason behind some management decisions. No other advice.

Great government contractor

Current Employee - Lead Software Engineer in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Lead Software Engineer in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at SAIC full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great company that cares about its employees. Dedicated to providing effective solutions to its clients. Good benefits and work schedule flexibility.

Cons

Project centric, not always room for career mobility between projects. Similarly, often insulated from what other parts of the company are doing.

There are newer employer reviews for SAIC