There are newer employer reviews for SAIC

Financially Solid Company to Work For

Former Employee - Subcontracts Administrator in Camp Hill, PA
Former Employee - Subcontracts Administrator in Camp Hill, PA

I worked at SAIC full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Working alongside of some of the most experienced and qualified people in their field. Opportunity to utilize your expertise in a positive way. High tech atmosphere that is geared toward supporting important government and military projects. Good pay, benefits, and working conditions.

Cons

The company tries to be all things to all people. Everything from training to mandatory policies. There seems to be a rule or regulation for everything. Many have drop dead deadlines which conflict with one's daily work schedule. I found that, at times, I had to make a choice whether to get my work done or engage in some of these seminar type functions. When you have to work
overtime to complete some of these deadlines there is something inherently wrong with the system.

Look at how much work is involved, in an employee's day, to complete his required job functions and also to complete the extraneous other functions. I think that many employees are overloaded with too much on their plate.

1137 Other Employee Reviews for SAIC (View Most Recent)

Summer internship at SAIC

Former Employee - Lab Intern in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Lab Intern in McLean, VA

I worked at SAIC as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

The intern program was very organized as a whole. There were many opportunities to meet other interns with the company. The atmosphere seemed very laid back. Many of the employees in the office were very willing to include the interns when going to lunch along with other activities outside of work. This made the workplace very comfortable as a new intern.

Cons

It would have been better if the mentors assigned to the interns could have work for them to do. This would help greatly to facilitate the learning curve for the interns.

Team oriented, excellent in communication and great working in the Purchase Card department

Current Employee - Credit Card Administrator in Oak Ridge, TN
    Current Employee - Credit Card Administrator in Oak Ridge, TN

I have been working at SAIC full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Atmosphere was laid back, communication was great amongst the employees.

Cons

Corporate hiring freeze and did not hire temporary onto company.

none, management was excellent.

There are newer employer reviews for SAIC