There are newer employer reviews for SAIC

A bunch of parts flying in close formation

Former Employee - Senior Engineer/Manager in Huntsville, AL
Former Employee - Senior Engineer/Manager in Huntsville, AL

I worked at SAIC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

SAIC gets some amazing projects and you get to work on really innovative tasks. Management was very supporting of initative, and I had all the IRAD budget I could want. Our team was small and very responsive. Everyone of the group was a professional and needed a minimum of supervision. SAIC is employee-owned and acts like it.

Cons

Each business unit is its own little kingdom with no unifying structure at all - any project that can make a profit will be pursued. SAIC's main business model is to put "butts in seats" - provide people to staff out large projects.

Advice to Management

Concentrate on what made SAIC great -the people who work here are all you have to sell. Invest in them.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Good Company

Former Employee - Finance in Chantilly, VA
    Former Employee - Finance in Chantilly, VA

I worked at SAIC full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good pay, mostly good people, good training programs

Cons

New benefit plan stinks (basically no benefits until you meet your deductible), upper management cannot be trusted. Stock prices have plummeted. Many layoffs but laid off the wrong people. SSC is worthless (purchasing, HR, security) and should go back to the BU's,

Great people! Horrible Insurance Plan...

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Columbia, MD

I worked at SAIC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Get to work with extremely talented people who's willing to help as much as they can. Never seen such synergy in the team compare to others. Everyone is a contributor. I realize getting into such a good group can be draw of the luck. During interview, she asked "Do you like being thrown in the volcano on your first day?" This group was known for being overtasked and a stressful environment but as said... it wasn't true at all. I really doubt I'd work with such talented team again in the future.

Cons

I left a company for better pay and medical. SAIC Medical plan sucks! If SAIC manangement is reading this then change it ASAP! You say that it's a fair plan but it's not and you know it! You have the worst benefit compare to ANY company by far. I promise that more people will leave and more negative review will follow. If you ever want to join, make sure to bump $10k for sucky insurance.

Advice to Management

Don't mess with the medical. We all are raising a family and we deserve a fair plan with co-pay..not this ridiculous $3000 deductible, pay 20% of the bill instead of co-pay. I've been with many company and you guys are really screwing on family need... provide a decent medical.