SAIC
www.saic.com Mc Lean, VA 5000+ Employees

Ok. Slave to corporate HQ.

Analyst (Former Employee)
Saint Louis, MO

I worked at SAIC full-time for more than 5 years

ProsFlexible work schedule, matching 401k, Health insurance is OK. Good benefits if you live in San Diego or Virginia, I hear.

ConsZero opportunity for advancement. Unprofessional office environment. Only seemed to worry about next contract opportunity. Cut corners a lot in order to fulfill contract deadlines.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement doesn't seem to care about employees unless its a negative focus. Focus on the positives of your workers, and acknowledge thinking outside the box.

Declining value and weak management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at SAIC full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: I was proud to be associated with the company when it was an "Employee Owned Company" as it was refreshing to have highly motivated team… Cons: Weak management that allowed the direction to be set and the daily operations to be at the whim of the wind direction of the project… Advice to Senior Management: Streamline the management by getting rid of the layers of dead archaic retired in place managers resting on their laurels of past achievements. PMP certs… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

New Health Insurance - Reason to Leave Company

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Huntsville, AL

I have been working at SAIC full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Great people to work with; very innovative and engaging Cons: Consumer driven high deductible insurance - means min &9000 out of pocket for… Advice to Senior Management: Find another way to offset health care cost besides shifting… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on SAIC.

Worked for SAIC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SAIC reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for SAIC CEO Anthony Moraco. All reviews posted anonymously by SAIC employees.