SAIC

www.saic.com
  www.saic.com
There are newer employer reviews for SAIC

They should have stayed employee-owned

I worked at SAIC full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Their benefits package was fantastic when I worked for the company (although I've heard their current options of health insurance plans are horrible). The physical work environment is fantastic - nice offices, stocked kitchens, in-house deli, exercise equipment and showers. Company-provided desktop/laptop computers are top-notch and are upgraded at least every 2 years.

Cons

I was extremely happy at SAIC for almost 15 years, but the company seems to be moving in the wrong direction today. Service Centers (HR, AR, AP, etc.) are replacing many positions within the line organizations and employees who have been with the company the longest are being laid off. I understand that service centers make good business sense in many ways, but SAIC is taking it too far. They used to care about their employees. Current employees laid off due to the new service centers are not being hired to work in the service centers. I assume that's because they can hire people with little or no experience off the street dirt cheap.

1163 Other Employee Reviews for SAIC (View Most Recent)

A pretty good defense contractor

Current Employee - Lead Software Engineer in Huntington Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Lead Software Engineer in Huntington Beach, CA

I have been working at SAIC full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay, lots of varied programs/projects, interesting work

Cons

SAIC is effectively a body shop for the Government. This is not necessarily a con but people who join SAIC should understand this and not take it personally that the company won't "carry" you when a contract goes away.

Nothing really...

Going down fast

Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at SAIC full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Government contractor with talented and intelligent workers.

Cons

Benefits. High deductible health insurance. No training provided for fast changing technology. The company split has management is turmoil. I got a merit raise and things are so screwed up, no one can tell me how much of a raise I got.

No matter how much business you win, you need people to do the work. Good luck finding an intelligent person who would work for us.

There are newer employer reviews for SAIC