SAIC

www.saic.com
  www.saic.com
There are newer employer reviews for SAIC

Great experience in defense work.

Former Employee - Senior Logistics Data Analyst in Ogden, UT
Former Employee - Senior Logistics Data Analyst in Ogden, UT

I worked at SAIC full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very ethical. Focus is on customer as well as employee excellence. Job performance counts. Most managers will help career development within their contract and overhead budget constraints.

Cons

SAIC sells services primarily to Department of Defense. Longevity is primarily based on your ability to stay billable on a contract. Most service contracts are 1-5 years. Nothing wrong with Defense work. Just need to understand the nature of the business.

1163 Other Employee Reviews for SAIC (View Most Recent)

Good solid company overall.

Current Employee - GIS Specialist in Melbourne, FL
    Current Employee - GIS Specialist in Melbourne, FL

I have been working at SAIC full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good corporate structure and plenty of offices nationwide. SAIC always seems to get the big wins on contracts and should be even more competitive after the company splits in 2013. The management is always focused.

Cons

Can change projects without warning, so you need to be flexible. 2013 insurance isn't the best but is trying to be competitive thanks to Obamacare. Overall, not much to complain about. If you bring more to the table (degrees, certifications) you'll be better compensated.

They should have stayed employee-owned

I worked at SAIC full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Their benefits package was fantastic when I worked for the company (although I've heard their current options of health insurance plans are horrible). The physical work environment is fantastic - nice offices, stocked kitchens, in-house deli, exercise equipment and showers. Company-provided desktop/laptop computers are top-notch and are upgraded at least every 2 years.

Cons

I was extremely happy at SAIC for almost 15 years, but the company seems to be moving in the wrong direction today. Service Centers (HR, AR, AP, etc.) are replacing many positions within the line organizations and employees who have been with the company the longest are being laid off. I understand that service centers make good business sense in many ways, but SAIC is taking it too far. They used to care about their employees. Current employees laid off due to the new service centers are not being hired to work in the service centers. I assume that's because they can hire people with little or no experience off the street dirt cheap.

There are newer employer reviews for SAIC