There are newer employer reviews for SAIC

Great experience in defense work.

Former Employee - Senior Logistics Data Analyst  in  Ogden, UT
Former Employee - Senior Logistics Data Analyst in Ogden, UT

I worked at SAIC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very ethical. Focus is on customer as well as employee excellence. Job performance counts. Most managers will help career development within their contract and overhead budget constraints.

Cons

SAIC sells services primarily to Department of Defense. Longevity is primarily based on your ability to stay billable on a contract. Most service contracts are 1-5 years. Nothing wrong with Defense work. Just need to understand the nature of the business.

1107 Other Employee Reviews for SAIC (View Most Recent)

Field Monitor Team Leader on Hurricane Irene disaster relief effort in Virginia

Former Employee - Field Monitor Team Leader  in  Chesapeake, VA
    Former Employee - Field Monitor Team Leader in Chesapeake, VA

I worked at SAIC as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

-High pay for a college graduate student
    -More overtime hours than regular hours (7 day work week/15 hours a day
    -Generously reimbursed for use of personal vehicle
    -Loved the job and the people I worked for/with

Cons

-Lots of temp contracts but few permanent entry-level positions
    -Temp work will most likely not lead to permanent work
    -No real benefits other than employee stock purchasing plan
    -Prepare to spend a lot of time in traffic and long country highways

While I understand that the company makes a lot of temporary hires to work on special projects as a strategy for cost efficiency the company should use these projects as an opportunity to observe potential candidates for permanent employment.

They should have stayed employee-owned

I worked at SAIC full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Their benefits package was fantastic when I worked for the company (although I've heard their current options of health insurance plans are horrible). The physical work environment is fantastic - nice offices, stocked kitchens, in-house deli, exercise equipment and showers. Company-provided desktop/laptop computers are top-notch and are upgraded at least every 2 years.

Cons

I was extremely happy at SAIC for almost 15 years, but the company seems to be moving in the wrong direction today. Service Centers (HR, AR, AP, etc.) are replacing many positions within the line organizations and employees who have been with the company the longest are being laid off. I understand that service centers make good business sense in many ways, but SAIC is taking it too far. They used to care about their employees. Current employees laid off due to the new service centers are not being hired to work in the service centers. I assume that's because they can hire people with little or no experience off the street dirt cheap.

There are newer employer reviews for SAIC

Worked for SAIC? Contribute to the Community!