SAIC
3.3 of 5 1,052 reviews
www.saic.com Mc Lean, VA 5000+ Employees

Good solid company overall.

GIS Specialist (Current Employee)
Melbourne, FL

ProsGood corporate structure and plenty of offices nationwide. SAIC always seems to get the big wins on contracts and should be even more competitive after the company splits in 2013. The management is always focused.

ConsCan change projects without warning, so you need to be flexible. 2013 insurance isn't the best but is trying to be competitive thanks to Obamacare. Overall, not much to complain about. If you bring more to the table (degrees, certifications) you'll be better compensated.

Field Monitor Team Leader on Hurricane Irene disaster relief effort in Virginia

Field Monitor Team Leader (Former Employee)
    Chesapeake, VA

I worked at SAIC as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: -High pay for a college graduate student -More overtime hours than regular hours (7 day work week/15… Cons: -Lots of temp contracts but few permanent entry-level positions -Temp work will most likely not lead to permanent work -No real… Advice to Senior Management: While I understand that the company makes a lot of temporary hires to work on special projects as a… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

A pretty good defense contractor

Lead Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    Huntington Beach, CA

I have been working at SAIC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Good pay, lots of varied programs/projects, interesting work Cons: SAIC is effectively a body shop for the Government. This is not necessarily a con but people who join… Advice to Senior Management: Nothing really... Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on SAIC.

Worked for SAIC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SAIC reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for SAIC CEO Anthony Moraco. All reviews posted anonymously by SAIC employees.