SAIC
3.3 of 5 1,052 reviews
www.saic.com Mc Lean, VA 5000+ Employees

A Company in Transition With Some Major Bumps and Detours Along the Way

McLean, VA

ProsUp to the recent past, a company with a relatively stable past. Large corporation with the standard suite of benefits offered to employees. Part of the massive military industrial complex that represents a large portion of the private sector in the Northern Virginia area.

ConsThe entrepreneurial spirit is a thing of the past. What once was a horizontal organization with each program manager more or less in charge of his/her "piece of the pie", has now been reduced to a very vertical structure with activities such as HR, procurement, contracts, security, etc placed under the corporate umbrella and forced to operate in a "one size fits all" functionality regardless of the contracts it supports or the particular situation it encounters. In addition, the company has been in the process of dividing itself into two separate entities (SAIC and Leidos) since August 2012, with all of the difficulties encountered in doing that with some 40K employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementWith the formation of the two separate companies, make up your mind as to what SAIC and Leidos will finally be when they both grow up, and then pursue your business opportunities aggressively and realistically under the continued reality of the LPTA world. Good luck with that.

SAIC was my whole life until I was tossed to the curb by a layoff along with 700 others

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    McLean, VA

I worked at SAIC full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: SAIC was the best company to work for until all… Cons: I was employed there for many, many years and they no longer take care of the employees who helped build the company into… Advice to Senior Management: Care more about the employees who made the company what… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Was good company to work for but became more and more stressful after SAIC went public.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at SAIC full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: My manager allowed us to work from home. Good work-life balance.… Cons: Stressful work environment; spent too much time proving our dept's… Advice to Senior Management: Ask lower level employees to review their managers. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on SAIC.

Worked for SAIC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SAIC reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for SAIC CEO Anthony Moraco. All reviews posted anonymously by SAIC employees.