There are newer employer reviews for SAIC

A dying office

Current Employee - Senior Analyst  in  Abingdon, MD
Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Abingdon, MD

I have been working at SAIC full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

In the past, this office offered lots of opportunities for career growth. People who did good work were retained and promoted. Pay is competitive.

Cons

Layoffs have become the norm at the Abingdon, MD office. Every week, more and more people are laid off. Those of us still there are always fearing a layoff notice. Lack of foresight on the part of management has led to a shrinking business portfolio.

1115 Other Employee Reviews for SAIC (View Most Recent)

Average Experience for starting in IT Career

Current Employee - Junior Systems Administrator | NOC Technician  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Junior Systems Administrator | NOC Technician in Washington, DC

I have been working at SAIC full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Good Dental insurance and Retirement
    -Other Benefits

The company has different benefits if you are in the Capital City region (DC-MD-VA area). Initially when working for the company, it has good incentives for employment such as a normal life/work balance, no work on weekends, overtime pay and helping in tuition for graduate work or certifications. My former contract was more balanced but without too much upper mobility.

Cons

-Lower upper mobility
    -Deceptive tactics in offering employees more mobility
    -Health insurance options are poor

Program managers deceive you when they 'need' people for another contract requirement. I was doing well at my other job but wanted to do more to move further up in my IT career. I took the offer and realized after that I was doing lower level work and not in my position. It was already too late to stay in the other contract and I had to accept my new position. Currently improving my qualitifications and move on to other opportunities when I complete them.

Try to actually help employees to move forward in their career. The company was originally a good | work life balance. Consequently because of problems with the US government with conflict of Interests, SAIC decided to break apart to two companies Leidos and SAIC. Unfortunately, I cam at the end of the SAIC cycle and realizing that my options are limited to progress to a better contract.

Contracting can be fun mostly.

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at SAIC full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great work life balance and flexible hours.
    Mostly doing useful work.
    Pay about average for the area.
    Seems fairly stable

Cons

Benefits are below average for the area.
    No clear path of advancement.

After the split, fix the benefits.

There are newer employer reviews for SAIC

Worked for SAIC? Contribute to the Community!