There are newer employer reviews for SAIC

SAIC is a great company with fair benefits and great people.

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Specialist in Huntsville, AL
Current Employee - Quality Assurance Specialist in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at SAIC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Fair pay -People are nice and work hard -Benefits are reasonable -They have get-togethers every so often to build strength within the company

Cons

-Paperwork to be a contractor through SAIC can be a hassle

Advice to Management

Maybe listen more to lower management for advice on any changes that could take place.

Other Employee Reviews for SAIC

Sad. Each year degrades into something less with the average employee feeling undervalued and expendable.

I worked at SAIC full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

It is a very large company with lots of different areas of interest that one can possibly use for lateral career choices. Large collection of technical online resources usable by employees.

Cons

Has become too large to stay properly connected with the workers. Inconsistent treatment across business units. Not family friendly but very politically correct. Unappreciated and unnecessarily rampant low morale.

Advice to Management

Coach and set examples of the importance of integrity. Real integrity, not corporate mandated training with a one definition fits all approach.

2. Not a very good place to start a solid career

Former Contractor - Geospatial-Analyst
    Former Contractor - Geospatial-Analyst

I worked at SAIC as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I wasn't able to find many positives from working here. The co-workers where friendly (but cliquish).

Cons

Everything else. Management was very very poor. I talked to my manager maybe once or twice in the two months I worked for SAIC. Management is part of the good 'ol' boy system. They promote their buddies and get rid of the hard working employees who really care about what they are doing. I was told that my performance was an issue but unfortunately was never guided on how to improve my performance which is said because performance is a two way street, not a one way street. The employee puts effort in and the employer provides guidance and leadership. Hints that is why it is called management. Your job is to manage employees not lay them off in mass quantities which is exactly what happened to my team. I enjoyed working with my co-workers who worked their for many-many years but they obviously showed tremendous dissatisfaction in working here. One employee was very upset about their new healthcare plan and basically said he wants to work somewhere else. Other employees where quitting or moving away. Ultimately, this is not a secure place to land employment from my experience. Many employees are hired through temp agencies and then quickly terminated once SAIC has secured their contract. This is how they make money at your expense. I don't have any respect for saic and I would not recommend then to a friend. Corrupt political management needs out and LEADERS need to be put in their place. Kick out incompetence and put people in who care about LEADING

Advice to Management

Get out of office and get some real LEADERS in office. Your business model doesn't work!