SAIC

There are newer employer reviews for SAIC

Overtasked and underpaid.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at SAIC full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- Decent salary
- Easy to discuss problems with management
- Good relationship with customer (government)
- General ability to maintain independent day-to-day actions

Cons

- No communication with senior management
- Difficult to get responses from HR/pay offices
- Hired the wrong people for the contract
- Contract proposal was beyond the scope of possibility
- Underpaid for the work required

Listen to the people that you put in charge of task orders. In theory these people are in place because they understand the interaction with the customer and how best to reach the results for the contract. Do not pay exorbitant prices for people that have no practical experience and will not learn the job they were hired to complete. Senior personnel are only beneficial if they are more knowledgeable than a junior analyst.

1187 Other Employee Reviews for SAIC (View Most Recent)

Average Experience for starting in IT Career

Current Employee - Junior Systems Administrator | NOC Technician in Washington, DC

I have been working at SAIC full-time (more than a year)

Pros

-Good Dental insurance and Retirement
    -Other Benefits

The company has different benefits if you are in the Capital City region (DC-MD-VA area). Initially when working for the company, it has good incentives for employment such as a normal life/work balance, no work on weekends, overtime pay and helping in tuition for graduate work or certifications. My former contract was more balanced but without too much upper mobility.

Cons

-Lower upper mobility
    -Deceptive tactics in offering employees more mobility
    -Health insurance options are poor

Program managers deceive you when they 'need' people for another contract requirement. I was doing well at my other job but wanted to do more to move further up in my IT career. I took the offer and realized after that I was doing lower level work and not in my position. It was already too late to stay in the other contract and I had to accept my new position. Currently improving my qualitifications and move on to other opportunities when I complete them.

Try to actually help employees to move forward in their career. The company was originally a good | work life balance. Consequently because of problems with the US government with conflict of Interests, SAIC decided to break apart to two companies Leidos and SAIC. Unfortunately, I cam at the end of the SAIC cycle and realizing that my options are limited to progress to a better contract.

Satisfying Experience in Every Way

Current Employee - Senior Intelligence Analyst in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Intelligence Analyst in Tampa, FL

I have been working at SAIC full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Briliant and highly educated employees

Cons

Living from contract to contract is part of the job.

There are newer employer reviews for SAIC