SAIC

There are newer employer reviews for SAIC

SO SO COMPANY in US

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer
Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I worked at SAIC full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Training is good. location is good

Cons

Benefit is not good. medical insurance is not good

Need to divide the business into small pieces

1213 Other Employee Reviews for SAIC (View Most Recent)

When ethics training doesn't work . . .

Former Employee - DoD Support/Cryptology in Wahiawä, HI
    Former Employee - DoD Support/Cryptology in Wahiawä, HI

I worked at SAIC full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Benefits - health, etc. Even include benefits for same-sex partners.

Cons

Everything else. As a DoD contractor, I worked on a Naval Base. Our office was inside an old storage room and vault. The main problem was our management was in San Diego, California and our job site was in Hawaii. There was next to no oversight. The immediate management not only condoned, but participated in unethical behavior. The most common was time card fraud - reporting time worked when they were not there. Especially taking excessive breaks, leaving early, etc.
    The building was classified Secret, and our workspace was Top Secret. This requires a ban on any communication or recording devices. Boss & colleagues routinely brought in and used mobile phones, and even USB drives.
    The resources (phone, computers) were often used for personal tasks, to the point of creating a loss of productivity.
    We had quarterly corporate ethics training (web-based), and afterwards the (local) managers would tell us to essentially disregard the policies.
    I was threatened with physical violence after I reported a colleague for ongoing unethical behavior. When I tried to escalate the situation through upper management, I was told *I* should consider finding a different job. Because I was "the only one with a problem with not following procedure."

I was intending to give my notice when the Dept of the Navy declined to renew our contract, especially in light of recent SAIC employee practices.

I can't speak to SAIC as an entire company, but any time there is not clear management you invite problems. I would be extremely hesitant to work for them again. The people I worked with were truly the least ethical & professional colleagues I ever had.

More oversight for you offsite jobs. Better support for "whistle blowers."

Employee Unfriendly

Former Employee - Project Manager in El Segundo, CA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in El Segundo, CA

I worked at SAIC full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good people and interesting work

Cons

Not people friendly since going public. It's all about making money and not taking care of the employees!

Worry about employees and not just profits

There are newer employer reviews for SAIC