SAIC

There are newer employer reviews for SAIC

SO SO COMPANY in US

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer
Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I worked at SAIC full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Training is good. location is good

Cons

Benefit is not good. medical insurance is not good

Need to divide the business into small pieces

1159 Other Employee Reviews for SAIC (View Most Recent)

former manager

I worked at SAIC full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

SAIC pay scale is quite good for mid to upper level employees. Good bonus amounts and benefits. Ability to have stock options as well.

Cons

Treat lower level employees as revenue generators only. Could care less about these employees and have lowered benefits for these employees while increasing compensation for managers

getting a bad reputation of not taking care of customer needs and being too greedy

When ethics training doesn't work . . .

Former Employee - DoD Support/Cryptology in Wahiawä, HI
    Former Employee - DoD Support/Cryptology in Wahiawä, HI

I worked at SAIC full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Benefits - health, etc. Even include benefits for same-sex partners.

Cons

Everything else. As a DoD contractor, I worked on a Naval Base. Our office was inside an old storage room and vault. The main problem was our management was in San Diego, California and our job site was in Hawaii. There was next to no oversight. The immediate management not only condoned, but participated in unethical behavior. The most common was time card fraud - reporting time worked when they were not there. Especially taking excessive breaks, leaving early, etc.
    The building was classified Secret, and our workspace was Top Secret. This requires a ban on any communication or recording devices. Boss & colleagues routinely brought in and used mobile phones, and even USB drives.
    The resources (phone, computers) were often used for personal tasks, to the point of creating a loss of productivity.
    We had quarterly corporate ethics training (web-based), and afterwards the (local) managers would tell us to essentially disregard the policies.
    I was threatened with physical violence after I reported a colleague for ongoing unethical behavior. When I tried to escalate the situation through upper management, I was told *I* should consider finding a different job. Because I was "the only one with a problem with not following procedure."

I was intending to give my notice when the Dept of the Navy declined to renew our contract, especially in light of recent SAIC employee practices.

I can't speak to SAIC as an entire company, but any time there is not clear management you invite problems. I would be extremely hesitant to work for them again. The people I worked with were truly the least ethical & professional colleagues I ever had.

More oversight for you offsite jobs. Better support for "whistle blowers."

There are newer employer reviews for SAIC