SAIC
3.3 of 5 1,052 reviews
www.saic.com Mc Lean, VA 5000+ Employees

Lots of possibilities, but limited by size

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
San Diego, CA

ProsI have worked for SAIC for over 10 years as a software developer, and there are some really smart, caring, trustworthy people working for the company. SAIC is small compared to the heavyweights like Lockheed, Boeing, and BAE, but they're able to win contracts thanks to their reputation. Lots of jobs if you're flexible, well rounded, or willing to relocate.

ConsCompetition between divisions and lack of communication hampers their ability to execute. Company size makes it hard to compete with bigger competitors.

Good Company for Entry Level Software Engineers

Software Design Engineer (Former Employee)
    Huntsville, AL

I worked at SAIC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Decent pay and benefits for starting out in the industry. Good co-workers and plenty of exciting and cutting edge projects have… Cons: Health care coverage has gone down the toilet and with it, the morale. Business units seem to be detached almost like they are different companies.… Advice to Senior Management: Hear out your subordinates and reward them for their hard work. When your company is making great revenue a, your employees should get the recognition,… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Solid job

I have been working at SAIC

Pros: Solid job with a variety of different tasks that can be done. They seem… Cons: Does not seem to reward the workers for a good job… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on SAIC.

Worked for SAIC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SAIC reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for SAIC CEO Anthony Moraco. All reviews posted anonymously by SAIC employees.