SAIC

www.saic.com

Network Specialist

Current Employee - Network Engineer  in  Washington, DC
Current Employee - Network Engineer in Washington, DC

Pros

Good teams to work for, decent benefits, good reputation, and strong ethical backbone.

Cons

Too much corporate overhead, pay was not competitive compared to their competitors.

Loose some of your overhead personnel and infrastructure to compete against similar competitors.

Other reviews for SAIC

Great experience

Current Employee - Intelligence Analyst IV  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Intelligence Analyst IV in Washington, DC

Pros

I was able to transition from the army to SAIC with ease and utilized the transition team they provided really extensively. I found the people I worked with to be smart, focuses, and supportive, and learned that most of them are veterans as well. With the world of contracting being so volatile the risk of losing the contract is common and SAIC does a great job of keeping you employed in the event of loss of contract.

Cons

The transition to LEIDOS wasn't so smooth and being that I didn't transfer it was hard to get support as all of our admin people were switching. I also didn't like having to drive out to HQ a few times a week to get status updates about the split when an email or conference call would have worked. Also getting locked into a pay band hurts when it comes to raises

Keep supporting employees and keep them informed

I had an excellent work experience with SAIC, Senior Management did care about employees performance.

Former Employee - IT Manager  in  Pearl Harbor, HI
    Former Employee - IT Manager in Pearl Harbor, HI

Pros

Ethics are big with this company, Management was friendly and helped employees with any personal issues.

Cons

Not enough local contracts on the island, when the contract I was in terminated there were not enough positions for placement of former employees.

Continue to hire the local talent, it is the best way to maintain efficient and effective performance from those who work close to their families and friends.

There are newer employer reviews for SAIC.

Worked for SAIC? Contribute to the Community!