There are newer employer reviews for SAIC

Definitely satisfied.

Current Employee - Operations Research Analyst  in  Norfolk, VA
Current Employee - Operations Research Analyst in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at SAIC

Pros

The majority of the employees are extremely bright, very friendly people, with a variety of work. My manager is as much of a mentor as a manager; he takes a personal interest in my career inside and outside of SAIC. The 15% stock purchase plan is nice, and my boss supports flex time.

Cons

Barriers to jobs because of clearance issues, organization amongst offices could use work, job titles don't necessarily reflect the work you do. Although there is a variety of work, it means employees have many different projects going on at once, and managers can not be connected very much to the work that is being performed.

Make the organizational structure less complicated.

1124 Other Employee Reviews for SAIC (View Most Recent)

A good place to work government contracting, but multiple fiefdoms make for uneven experiences

Former Employee - Senior Intelligence Analyst, Level 41  in  West McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Intelligence Analyst, Level 41 in West McLean, VA

I worked at SAIC

Pros

If you are an individual with a security clearance, the SAIC "brand" has cachet in the government contracting arena, for whatever that is worth. With 44,000 employees worldwide, there are a lot of opportunities; the problem is finding them when you want them. Healthcare and other benefits are good. HR is responsive. If you are transitioning to SAIC from the military, you will be shocked at its efficiency. Their base salary was fair compared to BAE, and better than my peers at BAH. It is possible to get a signing bonus; I got a 5K one. Finally, SAIC also is involved in some great work, if you can link up with the right business unit.

Cons

Despite its reorganization, SAIC is still a company of multiple fiefdoms. Managers are concerned about their own bottom line, Business units and divisions are often indistinguishable in terms of mission and market segment. If your local management is good, things are great, if they are not, you will experience friction. Many individuals (including myself) conducted SETA work (glorified out sourcing) at the government client site. This gave us great exposure to the client, but none to our own leadership. As a result promotions, professional development, corporate goals and career progression were all big mysteries. For many people, loyalty waned as a result. This cycle feeds SAIC's high turnover.

If you are still making lots of money despite your high turnover, then don't change a thing. If you want to raise up the next generation of SAIC managers from INSIDE the company as opposed to luring them away from Northrop, SRA, CACI, etc. than hold managers accountable for employee development and progression.

Good, not Great. But no real lows either.

Current Employee - Associate Integration Engineer  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Associate Integration Engineer in Houston, TX

I have been working at SAIC

Pros

Flexible hours if needed. SAIC does care for it's employees. Great communication with employees as well for information reguarding the company. Lots of oppertunities to move around in the company if you dislike your current position. In the past 4 years I've worked here, SAIC has finally started listening to employees. Great new program dedicated to finding other positions within the company if a contract is lost to retain employees

Cons

Career and Personnal growth aren't always top priority, however SAIC is trying to change this.

Keep working on ways to improve career and personal growth, as a 20 something engineer, I struggle to see where the company would like me to be in the future. However it's been starting to change and if you work at it, you would be alot better in my book.

There are newer employer reviews for SAIC

Worked for SAIC? Contribute to the Community!