There are newer employer reviews for SAIC

Definitely satisfied.

Current Employee - Operations Research Analyst in Norfolk, VA
Current Employee - Operations Research Analyst in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at SAIC

Pros

The majority of the employees are extremely bright, very friendly people, with a variety of work. My manager is as much of a mentor as a manager; he takes a personal interest in my career inside and outside of SAIC. The 15% stock purchase plan is nice, and my boss supports flex time.

Cons

Barriers to jobs because of clearance issues, organization amongst offices could use work, job titles don't necessarily reflect the work you do. Although there is a variety of work, it means employees have many different projects going on at once, and managers can not be connected very much to the work that is being performed.

Make the organizational structure less complicated.

1137 Other Employee Reviews for SAIC (View Most Recent)

An O.K. place to work as government contractors go. Too many locations for this review to be all inclusive

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Charleston, SC

I have been working at SAIC

Pros

saic has so many locations that there is not a "one size fits all" answer. For my specific situation pay is the driving factor

Cons

Typical large company mentality. Lots of forms to fill out and lots of people doing nothing that contributes to the bottom line.

none, why bother

Good company going through rough times

Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Washington, DC

I have been working at SAIC

Pros

Fast paced, varied work environment - there's always a new job around the corner, or a new opportunity to try. SAIC has a solid reputation in the federal industry, and new work is constantly coming in. Many jobs required a security clearance, and SAIC will hire w/o one.

Cons

long hours, uncertain career path, uncertain company future - it really depends where you work on how much you'll like your job. Local management is under a lot of pressure to meet profit quotas, so if you're on a contract with a tight bottom line, benefits can be sparse (e.g. no education benefits, low salary increases, little money for employee moral)

Communicate, communicate, COMMUNICATE!