SAIC

www.saic.com
  www.saic.com
There are newer employer reviews for SAIC

Up until three years ago, my experience was great.

Former Employee - Senior Engineer/Analyst in Huntsville, AL
Former Employee - Senior Engineer/Analyst in Huntsville, AL

I worked at SAIC full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good salary, good reputation, great people to work with.

Cons

3-4 years ago there were management changes in my business unit/division. New managers cared more about themselves than taking care of employees. It became a West Point alumni protective association all on overhead. Easy to see why CEO Jumper jumped ship and formed Leidos. Before current management took over, managers went out of their way to find coverage for employees who were losing coverage. Now, HR just sends out spreadsheets with so called open positions and when you research the positions they are not really open at all. Managers drop you like poison when you lose coverage.

Care more for your employees. Get out of your overhead funded offices once in a while and go see what working employees are doing. Show some support.

1156 Other Employee Reviews for SAIC (View Most Recent)

The dolphins are always smiling

Current Employee - Marine Mammal Assistant in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Marine Mammal Assistant in San Diego, CA

I have been working at SAIC full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Get to dive, wear what ever you want

Cons

Not the best leadership, hire people who can't dive, does absolutely nothing to retain good people

Stop cutting corners and penny pinching. Everyone that leaves is money down the drain (re-training and clearances)

Senior Systems Engineer

Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Washington, DC

I worked at SAIC full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Bonus are based on performance, My work spoke for itself, so I received a nice bonuse

Cons

Performance reviews do not reflect individual achievement. I received a rating of a 2 out of 5, while knowing that all who provided input into my review gave me 4 and 5's. I was told by the contract manager not to worry about it because, He new all I had accomplished, and it would not affect my bonus. He was right, it did not, but future managers looking back on my review may not see it that way.

When your people provide outstanding performance, don't just say it to them, make sure it goes in their records.

There are newer employer reviews for SAIC