SAIC
3.3 of 5 1,052 reviews
www.saic.com Mc Lean, VA 5000+ Employees

Good company but employment tied to business unit and customer contract.

QA Engineer (Former Employee)
Huntsville, AL

ProsThe business unit I worked empowered its employees to make decisions and structure their workload as they saw fit. They encouraged innovated thinking and ideas.

ConsEmployment tied to a particular business unit and customer contract, once the customer contract was finished generally so was your employment. Almost like being a contract employee.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to improve job stability. When I was there each Business Unit did their own hiring. There was no centralized HR organization.

Company holds firm in an uncertain time for government budget constraints.

Technical Training Manager (Current Employee)
    San Diego, CA

I have been working at SAIC full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Overall position of the company among government contractors is solid,… Cons: Mid to lower level managers do not always help in… Advice to Senior Management: Lower level managers often know more than their supervisors do about their people. … Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

SAIC is wonderful company and would be honored to work for them again.

Configuration Management Analyst (Current Employee)
    Stennis Space Center, MS

I have been working at SAIC full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: SAIC cares about their employees and dedicated to the product… Cons: The only downside is that their contract ended where I… Advice to Senior Management: Continue keeping the open communication with the employees. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on SAIC.

Worked for SAIC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SAIC reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for SAIC CEO Anthony Moraco. All reviews posted anonymously by SAIC employees.