There are newer employer reviews for SAIC

Solid Internship

Former Employee - Intern in Washington, DC
Former Employee - Intern in Washington, DC

I worked at SAIC as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Great work culture, lots of trust and responsibility placed in interns, open to ambitious ideas and initiatives, very generous summer conference for interns

Cons

Shrinking projects in non-science/engineering, gargantuan corporate decision-making processes

Focus more on providing a clear career path to interns, and not just an HR training session

1137 Other Employee Reviews for SAIC (View Most Recent)

A good place to work.

I worked at SAIC full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

SAIC is a large, stable company. The benefits were good, although their compensation package was inferior compared to some of their smaller competitors (at least, in the sector I worked in). I rarely dealt with the company as 99.9% of the time, I worked for our customer at a different worksite. When I did have personnel issues, SAIC was always responsive and helpful.

Cons

Yearly evaluations were confusing and there was no uniformity at all. It was up to the employee to choose their yearly goals, therefore most employees set the lowest possible standards so that they could "exceed and excel" every year. My yearly evaluation was completely dependent on who my current supervisor was at the time. Most of the time, as I worked at the customer site on a different contract from my SAIC supervisor, they had little to no idea what I did on a day to day basis and therefore my yearly evaluations were vague and unhelpful. It would have been better had my SAIC supervisors been able to consult with my customer chain of command on my yearly performance.

Don't bench me, babe.....

Former Employee - Senior Network Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Network Engineer in Chicago, IL

I worked at SAIC full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Autonomous work environment, competitive salary.

Cons

When the runs out, it's all over and placement (coverage) can be scarce. Did you get that in writing?

Employee development is not a weakness, but rather a strength.

There are newer employer reviews for SAIC